1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what do u think

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by mike1316, Feb 7, 2011.

1. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

I am looking to upgrade my hide aways to led. I was thinking of getting the e series hide aways from stobenmore. I had bought stuff there and great service has always been there.

2. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

Here a pic of them I will be getting. Clear or amber really not sure yet. [​IMG]

3. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

I just picked up a set of those, I havent had a chance to install them yet though. First impression upon opening the box, they seem to be pretty decent quality.

4. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

What color did u get

5. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i am very interested to hear feedback myself.

how weather proof is that controller...and when it fails you lose 2 lights instead of 1?
    about those connections also....are they able to be weatherproofed if placed outside cab?

if they come in at less than 150 for 2 heads i would want to see more..

i have used others....BUT am very interested to try these out as i have not yet...

6. Toolin Customs

Toolin Customs Member
    from Md

Did you consider looking at something Universal like the sound off universal undercovers? These are great little lights and with the interchangable lenses they give you alot of flexability with light output depending on your placement. Your looking for white or amber? Sned me a message. maybe I can help you out.

- Mike

7. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

I got the amber ones, they will be going into my plow lights and the controller will be mounted inside one of my light housings. They are claimed to be 100% waterproof, and vibration resistant.

As for as an outside connection, I dont recall the connectors looking weatherproof. If I were to make a connection outside, I would probably replace those connectors with one of the Ford weather tight ones I cut out of a parts truck, just for piece of mind.

While I havent tested these yet, I did power up the E46 6 head light bar that they make, and I was impressed by how bright it was, and by the fit and finish as well. I just need to find the time to get that mounted and the wires run

[​IMG]

8. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

The connectors are waterproof as is the flasher module. so far the feedbacks been great. We are out of clears and wont see any till the 21st but we have the ambers and other colors. The key to any LED hide a ways is placement, placement, placement. You really want to get them to the back of the light housing so they point out. Dropping them in from the top or bottom will really affect the output.

9. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

Here were I have the stobe lights now will it work[​IMG][​IMG]

10. Toolin Customs

Toolin Customs Member
    from Md

With the placement you have in your tail light the wide angle lens would probably work well, for the one in the parking light/headlight I'd probably use the omi directional lens. If those are standard 1" openings for your current bulbs. the sound off undercovers will fit the same hole just fine. and they come with the gasket. what colors are you using. they both look like they are white?

11. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

That's what I have not decided yet amber or clear. they clear lens I guess it would not really matter right.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  12. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

Do these have the cruise light option like the Sound Offs?

13. Toolin Customs

Toolin Customs Member
    from Md

Yes they do, Suposidly they "cruise" at 20% light output . They also have a "slave" mode so if you already have a flasher set up you can use them with that. Or you can sync 4 of them together without any flasher.