1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what do u think of AIR-FLO spreaders?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Rulow, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Rulow

Rulow Junior Member
    from VA

im in the market of getting a spreader and was looking at the stainless one from AIRFLO...any comments or bad experiences?

thanks in advance

2. Rulow

Rulow Junior Member
    from VA

nobody knows??

3. ace911emt

ace911emt Member

The last air-flow I had unloaded from the back to front and I liked that. Now I have an ice-o-way and love the removable swing chute, but my 6’ unloads front to back and too much weight in the rear. This year I will install a vibrator to correct this. Here is a link if you want

http://www.southford.com/snow-ice/snow-ice.htm

4. JSLandscaping

JSLandscaping Junior Member

We have the MSS stainless tailgate spreader on one of my trucks. I think it works great, never jams up, can spread any material nicely. Only thing I wish it could do was hold more. We are fabricating an aditional piece that will sit on the top to hold more so there is less time filling up. Just make sure you wash the unit everytime like any other spreader to keep the chains and bearings clean and lube everything up. They dont seem to be too popular of a spreader around here with only one dealer selling them. If you have any other questions about them feel free to ask.

James
    JS LANDSCAPING

5. Rulow

Rulow Junior Member
    from VA

i was looking at the 8 ft v-box stainless one....does any one know any good prices on them....or website where to buy?

6. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I see several companies running them around here.they seem soild for a Gas v-box.My city uses one in their smaller dump truck and it speads very nice.I dont have any personal experience with air-flo so i cant really say for sure about breakdowns etc.I know where they sell them locally up here but i cant help you with your area.

7. polplow

polplow Member

have a hopper air flo spreader. About 5 yrs. old and only had to replace bearings in the spinner assembly. Mild steel and still in very good shape. I would recommend them

8. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

I have the Airflo stainless box also. Runs fine. If you are looking for a good price, you CANNOT beat Angelos Supply. He has a special on the Buyer's Brand Stainless VBOX, IMO, they are the same. I would however, buy the Honda Engine upgrade. I have a Briggs on my Airflo and I don't like it. I had a Briggs on my Tarco VBox and changed it out for a Honda. That puppy runs like a champ.

9. Krimick77

Krimick77 Member

Hey James.... I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions about your MSS unit

I am looking at buying the same spreader, but I'm a little worried about how much smaller it is than the Pro Flo 2. About how often do you have to refil it? Or do you know approx. how many sq. feet you can cover with one hopper full?

Thanks

Doug

10. Rulow

Rulow Junior Member
    from VA

is the airflo and the buyers the basically the same SS spreader?

are they both good spreaders....but should upgrade to a honda motor?

or can that be said about any v box?

anybody know where to buy airflo?