1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do u guys think????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TheBeast, Jan 7, 2002.

1. TheBeast

TheBeast Junior Member

I know that u guys don't really recommend plowing with crew cab's, but i have one and i would like to put a plow on it. I know it is late in the season to do anything about it now, but i would like to have one for next year. I know pretty much the pros and cons of plowing with a crew cab. However, I would still like to put one on it. I have an F-350 CC XLT 4*4 PSD, what brands do you guys recommend for my truck. I like the v's, but don't have the accounts yet, hopefully in the future. My pops has a 9ft straight fisher and it is a quality plow, but i just love the v's, I haven't ruled out the straight yet, so i am open to what u guys think i should do. Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks again,
    TheBeast

2. sledhead

sledhead Member

If its a long box truck, your going to have to go short and light.
    Ford reccomends not to hang a plow on a CC long bed.

3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

If you are the only one riding in the truck you should be fine. the problem will be finding someone to install it for you. You will probably have to do it yourself, and buy the plow cash and carry.
    Any of the v plows will be good(except maybe hiniker, but rumor has it they have worked out the bugs). Just stay with a 8.5' size plow, and the front end will be ok.
    Dino

4. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Senior Member

I agree with plowking :D