1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what do u g.r. guys do when...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by lazerslicer, Feb 5, 2007.

1. lazerslicer

lazerslicer Member

how do u guys in g.r. work all that lake effect snow do u just keep plowing 24-7 or take shifts and obviously those accts r on contracts right......

2. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Well, it all depends on if it is windy or not, because if it is really windy, that means all the snow is blowing over, so I'd just wait till the wind stops or plow in morning then again in evening.

3. Wizkid? What do you plow with your dads hummer or with the minivan, did you ever buy that truck from your uncle. or do you use the riding tractor. Just want to know man no buting you down or bashing you or anything.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  4. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

:D :D Now that's funny.

5. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

I got that truck, I'm getting a plow for it next year, I've been using my Big John Deere. It has a cab with a heater and all that stuff for winter, and I have quick connect snowblower and plows for it. I've been using the snow blower latley because we have gotten so much snow. It takes about 5 hours to do all my accounts, but when there is that much snow, and we have the day off of school it goes by fast, and I don't have anything else to do, so I just drive around on that. You'd have to understand my neighborhood to know why. My neighbors buy john deeres just to drive to happy hour and all that junk. So yah it's fun. We've thought about putting a plow on the hummer but there is no need for it since I have the mighty john deere, If that hummer gets stuck I'll pull it out with the john deere.

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

hey wizzkid, do you have any pics of the new (to you) truck and the JD? The truck sounded really awesome when you described it!!!

thanks
    -mike-

7. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

My truck right now is out at the lake, I use it when I need it. But I have the JD here, I'll try and get a few pictures of it if I get time, I've been on it every day for how ever many hours and I always want to go flop down on the couch and rest till I have to go do more maintinence. But I'll try and get some pics.