1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do think for back window?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by CSLC, Jan 22, 2012.

1. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

I am looking into lettering truck and working on a logo and decal for back window of truck....COLD SPRING in Reflective silver everthing will be transparent from inside looking out......what do you think? Would you change anything?

coldspring1.jpg

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Have you had a back window decal before?

My old truck had an american flag one when I bought it, was nothing but headaches and I finally pealed it off. Water and snow quickly made it impossible to see through, with no rear window defrost it sucked.

Just food for thought before you have it done.

3. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

I have a rear window defroster and I really don't look out my back window much I use more my mirrors.....If it doesnt work on the back window I am willing to put on truck tailgate

4. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

I think it'd look better in the window. But as Mark said that could be quite a pain. Never know how much you really do use that window until there's a hinderence ya know? Up to you in the end though. It looks good that's for sure.

5. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

I had an american flag one and was head always hurt when backing in a trailer.

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

My rear window is done with just company lettering and it looks nice, is big and very visible from outside, and barely obstructs my view from the inside...I would say that what you designed is too busy for advertising purposes although it does look pretty neat!

7. KSikkema

KSikkema Senior Member

make "cold springs" darker and the tire tracks lighter so the name stands out more. Other than that I like it. Go for it. The back window of my truck has a big decal on the whole window as well (see-through from the inside) and it is a bit of a pain, but it's okay. You get used to it

8. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

New Decal....Should I do phone number in reflective lettering like the Cold Spring? Also should I drop the grass?

coldspring2.jpg

9. KSikkema

KSikkema Senior Member

maybe make the grass shorter so it looks "kept up" and not unkempt as you are a landscape company

10. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

I would make the grass shorter, otherwise looks great!

11. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

everything has been covered sofar.

like others water gets in little holes and cant see sh!t out the window.

much shorter grass

and do go crazy on reflective as it can blind people with headlights on it.

here is my tool box with just 1/4" wide band of reflective the cop car's use around here on the lightning bolt . pic taken with just small dig camera flash . :eek:

100_3090.jpg

12. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

Looks awesome man! I really like it, however I'd have to agree with the other guys. I plowed with a buddy's truck once, that had the rear window thing. It drove me absolutely nuts, couldn't see a thing. I decided then that I wouldn't do a rear window thing, but ultimately your choice. The design looks great!

13. StoneWater

StoneWater Junior Member

looks great, what about a tailgate graphic? a friend of mine had a landscape image and his name incorporated and it is very eye catching. just food for thought (you may not want to be that obvious)

-mike

14. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Them back window stickers that cover the whole back window suck... Any amount of water or snow on it and you can't see out of it. In my opinion its not worth it.

15. Fire_n_Ice

Fire_n_Ice Senior Member

If your able to use your mirrors effectively, go for it. I don't have anything blocking my back window and I never look out it. I find it easier to use my mirrors. It's all about preference when it comes to what you use to back up. If your going to us reflective, def only use it in your name and phone number. Those are the two important parts of your "billboard"

16. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I really really like the design....however. I would make it fit the tailgate. This way you dont have to worry about the obstructed view that people are talking about. Also if you ever carry anything in the bed it could possibly block the window. 99% of time your tailgate is on and up...at least mine is. I guess it would also depend on what kind of salt spreader you use, and you would have to keep it cleaned off when the snow covers it. In the end do what looks best to you...its your company and your truck.

17. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Like everyone else is saying, lower the grass maybe just to the top of the phone number of the revised decal. Otherwise it looks very nice, and creative.

18. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

19. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

maybe should have at least kept the grass theme as a back drop for the phone# to give it better contrast. Ever think of using the 3m black reflective for "cold spring" and the #? Would give it the contrast you need to stand out on that graphic, but would still "pop" at night without being blinding.