1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do people think about the 9' C Plow??

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by cole22, Nov 29, 2010.

1. cole22

cole22 Senior Member

Thinking about buying a 9' C plow for the my duramax and wondering what everyone thought about the C plow concept and how do they work? Thanks everyone.

2. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

depends on the type of plowing...read some of the posts about it and the guys that do driveways/residentals LOVE it. probably a waste if you are just doing your own driveway IMO. I think it would be great if you did stuff around buildings, etc. that you would want to get close to, especially if you don't need a "V".

3. mr.lawn works

mr.lawn works Member

The Concept is good if it was all steel!!! I'd own one and if it was a WESTERN i'd own 10 but it is a Hiniker and will never buy a Hiniker again.... If you are gunna ask y I would buy it if its A WESTERN and 10 of them, and y Since its a Hiniker I won't buy another... I have 20 westerns and they have been through hell, and thought i'd try this on my F-250 I bought and been nothing but problems, we can just start with the truck side mount... I will have mine for sale PM me or Call Thanks Dan 563-212-3871

4. joe2113

joe2113 Junior Member
    from Midwest

I've used my 8' Steel C-Plow for one season now and I love it. It's great for loading docks, scraping driveways clean, and tricky spots in parking lots where cars are always parked. I don't do many driveways with it, but I will backdrag a trucks length away from the garage doors of my condo associations before the skid steer comes through, saves the skid a bunch of time and gets the driveways as clean as a snowblower would and much quicker. I got a great deal on it from a homeowner who used it for one year before he traded his truck in for a smaller SUV. I wasn't really looking for a C-Plow when I came across it but the price was too good to not give it a shot and I'm happy I found and wouldn't hesitate buying another one in the future.

5. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

Nothing but C-plows for me. In fact, I have some guys that will be subbing for me this year and I have decided that I will pay a little more to the guys that have a c-plow. Much more useful than others.

6. Eric67ct

Eric67ct Junior Member

I agree 100%. I use it to clear my driveway, barn and garage and the backdrag is a awesome feature no other brand can come close to! Plus...it's a great conversation piece when filling up at the truck stop!

--Eric