1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do most of u average per storm?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mow&Snow, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Mow&Snow

Mow&Snow Junior Member

I know this is a tough question, I am just wondering what type of numbers most of u do. I am at about 2500 per plow, using only one truck. I think this is great. What about you guys?

2. Mow&Snow

Mow&Snow Junior Member

By the way, I don't even wanna THINK about what JAA pulls plowing snow.:eek:

Tom

3. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

2200 per push, for one of my trucks.

All though it will increase by 50% after 4".

CGB

4. Chief Plow

Chief Plow Senior Member

We get about 2000 for the first 3 inches... Only goes up from there....
    Take care
    Rick

5. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Hee...hee...hee..... :D

6. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

I really find 2000 per push per truck awesome !

I am not sure you could do that here.

7. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

Are you running a truck for 10 hours or 4 hours in a night? If you're able to get $150 an hour (bidding purposes) then if you're going to produce at a higher dollar rate than comes through increased effciency or the type of snow fall. 5" of mashed potatoe snow is different than 1" of powder.

8. Ground Master

Ground Master Junior Member

damn those sound like good numbers........

how many hours and/or billable hours do you average per storm?

9. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

If I got 2500 per storm/event x 10 events per month x 7 months for one truck.....
    $175,000 in 7 months....

HOLY CRAP! I think my customers would kill me first. I would be on some island drinking mai tais for the other 5 months a year.

10. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

We try to average 2k per inch but that can fluctuate depending on time of day and weekend or weekday storms

11. Ben

Ben Member

I used to be happy with clearing 1000.00 until hearing those making 2500.00. I need to work harder.:)

12. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

If you are AVERAGING $2k per truck per day, and you averaged 10 hrs, then you would need to average $200 / hour. That is possible here in some situations, but I'm not sure someone could truly average that in this market on a regular basis.

We dont schedule our trucks for near that many hours as an average, since that means on the high side they are probably out for 15 or more hours.

13. Mow&Snow

Mow&Snow Junior Member

14. long0

long0 Senior Member

I think Howard found the right place to be plowing. Last year I had 54 plowable events, and the year before it was 55. Gonna have to dig deeper in the archives to go back any further.

This time last year, I had only plowed twice. But Monday night my ninth event. Hope things keep at this pace.

For those of you who are averaging $2,000 plus per event, does that include sanding / salting, or is it just plowing?

Andy

15. Mow&Snow

Mow&Snow Junior Member

That's just plowing for me. Not to much call for residential sanding. I pretty much only sand my commercial stuff unless they request it.

16. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Mow&Snow, I'm just north of you. I've set all my accounts with a 3" trigger. I've only had one person question the need for that low a trigger. I don't plow there. I figure seasonal rates using 12 plows per season. Rates brackets are: 3"-6", over 6" to 9" and over 9" to 12".

17. Mow&Snow

Mow&Snow Junior Member

Mick, that sounds about what I do. If you leave 3 inches on the ground, it's bound to freeze and make a mess.