1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Do I Need ?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by nabcs07, Oct 28, 2009.

1. nabcs07

nabcs07 Junior Member

Hi Guys,
    I just picked up a Fisher Plow and as winter slowly approaches I would like to refurb my plow. I found this plow sitting behind a dumpster at a local used car and really dont know what I have. I need to find replacement parts to make it snow ready. The wiring is junk and I need to make or buy a controller. This plow will be going on a 96 F250. I checked that the pump and everything works. Everything has a Good coat of Michigan rust, I dont know how long it has been sitting and neither does the dealer who owns the lot. I have a push plate but I dont know what vehicle it is for, I also have an extra Boss push plate that I dont need and dont know what it is for. Also is there anything extra I should get on a just in case bases? If there was anyway to find out what vehicle my push plates are intended for ?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Buy new or gently used one. For what your going to spend to fix that it will cost you more.
  3. nabcs07

nabcs07 Junior Member

Well I paid almost nothing for it so I would like to fix and use it.
  4. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Go look at the fisher web site. You can look up your truck and see what you need. Looks like you have most of it. You can look up the # and see what push plates you have.
  5. grandview

Just tossing an idea. you got it for nothing ,but it will cost you to fix it.Either way it will cost you. Make it a summer project and then sell it for more next season.
  6. nabcs07

nabcs07 Junior Member

I cant seem to find any numbers on either plate. Any clues where to look? Im ok with it costing me to fix and use it , but I just want to do some preventative maintance on it now.
  7. grandview

Sand blast and prime it.
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The Fisher mount is for '99-'04 Super Duty. The Boss is for '94-'02 Dodge but it's been modified for a lifted truck.

The plow (or what of it thats there) is an old MM1. Unless you can source all the needed and missing parts used figure on a grand minimum to get it on the truck and operational. You'd be further ahead to sell off the components and put the money toward something newer and more complete as all you have there mostly is a money pit.