1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what do i need?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by matt123, Jun 20, 2008.

1. matt123

matt123 Junior Member
    from ohio

I am looking at buying a 7 1/2 ft meyer plow for 300 bucks, just for the blade and the a-frame part. he had it mounted on his 78 f150, i have a 97 f150. I measured the a-frame at the attach points from the outside and it measured around 23 inches. this truck wont be a daily driver or any thing since ill be buying a geo or something this summer so taking the plow of in a minute is not a big deal for me since it wont be driven as much. I know the f150 isnt the best to plow with, but for what i need it for it will be fine, ill mainly be plowing my uncles 3/8 mile driveway since hes getting really sick from hotchkins disease and cant get out on the tractor anymore, my grandparents, a neighbors drive and our 50 ft drive. Any help is appreciated.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like the plow is an old conventional style mount judging by the year of trucks it's coming off of.

You can run it on your '97 by using an EZ mount classic setup (although the A-frame will be longer than it should be), but your going to need everything on the trucks side to make it work, including the mount, the lift frame, lights, hydraulic unit, controller and all the necessary wiring to make it all operate. If your were to purchase these needed parts new better figure about $2000 in addition to your $300 blade.

You could possibly get the cost down to less than $1500 if you can find some of the components used and piece it together, but in the long run you'd be further ahead to buy a complete newer plow in used condition.

3. matt123

matt123 Junior Member
    from ohio

i definetly dont want his pump because its the old school pull/push cable setup they had way before i was born