1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what do I need?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Detroitdan, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I found an old junk S-10 with a newer Meyer plow on it. Plow is described as a 2001 Electro-lift E-47, 6 foot everything works. I can buy this for very short money and remove it myself. My question is what do I need to buy to make it work on a 2000 Jeep TJ? I'm assuming a frame mount, any idea on the price or availability of these? Is there anything else I'll need? Can I make the electrical and hydraulics work, or is there more different stuff I need for that? I have done this type of stuff before, just never with a Meyers. Is it worth it to buy this truck and buy a lower frame, or should I continue looking for a direct fit?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Dan, since they say the plow is a 2001 model year then it's probably an EZ mount classic setup so the mount for your TJ is still available under Meyer p/n 80180 but the problem with this is that the mount also includes the A-frame and the sector in the mount box. This greatly add's to the cost of the mount. In fact the mount is around $750! If you could find a used mount then it'd be much more cost effective. All the other hydraulics and wiring included with the plow would work on your TJ, you'd just need to purchase a set of headlight adapters, p/n 07180 for about $45.

3. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Ouch. Little too rich for my blood.