1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do i need?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by 765joey, Oct 19, 2005.

1. 765joey

765joey Junior Member
    from Indiana

Hey new to the site. don't know what i need. I have a 1995 dodge ram 1500 4x4. what all do i need, size of a snow plow. and what is the cheapest i can get somethin for? i'm not up on snow plows so any info. will help. Thanks.
  2. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Stop buy a local shop that sells snow plows....Talk to them ask questions.... But be prepared to offer up some idea of what you will be doing... That helps alot when decisdin on the plow set up.

Since you have stated that you have a 1500, that will limit what plow you can have and the overall derability of the truck. Snow plowing is very hard on a truck.

What do you need/want the plow for?? Your personal drive way?? Plowing to make money?? Need more information before we go and start telling you what you need.

3. 765joey

765joey Junior Member
    from Indiana

I was going to do my driveway., and make some money on the side with some parking lots and such..
  4. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 04 1500. Its going in to the shop in about an hour to get my Blizzard 760LT installed.
  5. Robbie Rooster

Robbie Rooster Member

I've got a 98 Ram 1500 with a 7 1/2 ft western poly pro. The plow is heavy, front end sagged. Installed timberns for this year. Hardly no sag at all! What ever you get, I recommend installing the timbrens.