1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what do i need?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by serafii, Aug 23, 2011.

1. serafii

serafii Senior Member

im in the process of buying a mm1 for my 99 chevy 2500 OBS with the 6.5 diesel. i found a lightly used 8' mm1 for $700 plow side only. this isnt the model with the sehp pump. its the belt driven pump. however, he doesnt have any of the truck side.

i found a used sehp pump, wiring and joystick for 500. he also has push plates for a dodge. will they fit?

what else will i need? ive never done a plow install and i know you guys out there have done many of them. so if anyone can tell me what exactly id need i would greatly appreciate it.

2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

The Classic body style 2500 takes the 7125 push plates, the Dodge push plates will not fit your vehicle. To determine wiring you could have either the HB3/HB4 headlight system or the 2B system, so do you have one square headlight that has both high and low beams or do you have two lights on each side (low beam, high beam).

3. serafii

serafii Senior Member

I have 2 lights on each side.

4. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

The Dodge headlight wiring will not work you need HB3/HB4 headlight SEHP wiring. Make sure you get headlight wiring from a classic body style Sierra or Silverado, the 1999 to 2002 new body style trucks has a different wiring program for the headlights.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011