1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do i need? Transferring plow from 99 Tahoe to 03 Avalanche

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by greenbar, Aug 25, 2015.

1. greenbar

greenbar Junior Member

Looking to transfer my Western Ultramount Standard plow (60018) from my 99 tahoe (old body style) to my 03 Avalanche 1500.

Little confused on what i need, because i think the Western site only points me to new gear. The plow is like new, only do like 6 small driveways with it.

Thanks !

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Post this in the western plow section and you will have a better chance for answers.
  3. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

You're going to need a new headlight harnesses, everything else should switch over.

I believe the mounts are different as well but you could confirm that by calling the nearest dealer.
  4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

hmmm. The 60018 is a std steel blade which was replaced by the Midweight in about 2007. And when Ultramounts first came out, they were relay wiring, like Unimounts were. So first we need to know if you have relay wiring or isolation module wiring. If it's isolation, then it's probably a 4port, which takes different headlight harnesses than the current 3port do.

So, have you seen the wiring? Do you have 3 plugs at the grill, or two? If it's relay wiring that will get complicated, as the relay wiring for the '03 Chevy is no longer available. But if that's what you have I'll give you more info.

Also the 99 Tahoe is the '88 style frame, so no, the mount will not work on an '03 Avalanche. That Avalanche will take the '99 Chevy style mount. Also, that Avalance came in a 1500 or 2500, and those are different, so the mount you need will depend on which truck you have.