1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what do I need to set my truck up with MM set up

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Bostonyj7, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

I know it sounds like a newbee Q.

I plow with a Meyers set up on a seperate truck now, but I have a Chevy 03 Silverado 2500HD that I want to put a MM set up on. Do I just need the push plates and wiring (whats needed?) designed for the truck, and then any MM head gear and plow will fit upto it?

Not new to plowing, just the Fisher MM set ups.

What is the differance between the MM set ups (1 and 2) and for the $ whats recomended, or not as good.

Thanks guys
    C-

2. for your truck yes you need the right push plates and the right year to and the wiring harnnce need to be the right year for the truck

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

You need 7169 Push Plates, Harness kit 29048, and a 3 port ISO Module 29070 and a controller 9400 for hand held or 8292 for joystick.

To get new parts, or professional install, Your best bet is Lang's Corner Garage in Rye, NH.....it's like 30 minutes up the highway from you. Other then gas, Fisher is the ONLY thing they do Year round! Good people and good prices. Speak with Paul.

fisher_snowplows01.jpg

fisher_snowplows04.jpg

4. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

Awsome. Will I be able to hook up to any MM set ups. I see alot for sale saying. "off this type of truck, or set up for that year and model"

What really is the differance between the 2. Something about a lever you pull. Is one prone to PITA or soes one function better than the other. You see what Im getting at repo?
    Handheld or joy stick. one better? personal prefferance?

I see things about 2 plug and 3 plug connections. Explain?

C-

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  5. RepoMan207

from Maine

The difference between the MM1 an MM2 is the lever yes. On the MM2 it disengages the locking pins and activates the kick stand in one movement were the 1 series is two movements. The MM2 is the way to go if you get the opportunity, but it's not nesscary...It won't effect your truck side setup, unless you go with a V or XLS style blade. It will be the same push plates, and wiring on either plow. You can also change a plows configuration to match your truck. This is also cheaper compared to re wiring the truck.

The two plug setup is not so common anymore. This requires no ISO module. Then there is 3 & 4 Port ISO Module's which are both 3 plug setups. There is a 4 port module...I'll have to find that part number if you want to go that route, but it also changes the wiring harness kit numbers as well.

As far as controllers....Yes it's preference, and depends who you talk to on pros an cons. I have used both and prefer the hand held. Much more versatile.

6. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

Thats cool. So I assume that if I get all the truck side set up. I can find a nice MM2 plow "set up for anything and any year" and it will hook up (with a 3 plug system) and plug into my new set up which you sent #s for?

Am I seeing this right?

How hard to wire truck side myself and what are we looking at as in new prices for these things.

Hate to over load you with Qs, but want to bend your ear while I got ahold of it buddie.

C-

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

Don't get anything bigger then 9' or smaller then 7.5', and make up your mind if you want a V, Straight, or XLS blade prior to wiring up, and yes, you will be all set.

8. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

Looking for a 8' straight HD. simple and effective.
    Thanks for the help
    what are new prices for the parts I need.

C-

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

It's about $520 for everything.

10. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

And langs will have these things for me. Awsome. Thanks for the help Repo

I now return you to your reguraly scheduled program

C-

11. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hey

If your interested I have a late 8' MM1 with the 3 plug insta act system the mold board has the "Storm Gaurd Powder coating" and is in very good condition, plow side only, give me a call if you have an interest

Jay
    508 753 6617