1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do i need to put a plow on my tuck.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TheKing, Oct 27, 2004.

1. TheKing

TheKing Junior Member

Hey guys i Have a 99 ford f250 w/ a v10. I have a western unimount plow and the control for it thats it. What do i need to put this plow on my truck? I'm being told 100 different thing. Well i Know i need the truck mount, the wiring harness and a battery harness. What elce do i need to get this plow on my truck.

2. plowman350

plowman350 Senior Member

dealers

Take what you have and drive down to the westren dealer. They have a dealer locator on their website. You probably won't get any warranty since they're not installing a new complete package. Too big of a job (for me anyways) to put everything on. LEt the experts do it right the first time.

3. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

all you need is money $$ the rest will happen.

4. fisher42

fisher42 Banned

i would have a pro do the entire plow installation. after that comes the good stuff, strobes, lights, and more lights haha

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

You will need the mount - #62660-1
    harness - #61590 (if HB-1 bulbs) 61545 if 2B bulbs
    22" batt. cable - #22511
    motor solenoid - cant think of #
    Vehicle side batt. cable assy - drawing a blank on this one also

I tell everybody the same thing when it comes to getting a install done, unless your very familiar with everything going onto your truck or you and a couple of buddies are up for some cheap entertainment on a saturday (it will take you almost all day), drop it off and let those of us who do installs all day long do it.

6. TheKing

TheKing Junior Member

Yes i am not installing it. I just need to know what parts to order off the internet so i can give it to my mechanic to install.
    thanks guys

7. billyo

billyo Junior Member

i need plow harness western for uni mount 61590

8. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

I installed mine wasn't to hard.. Lay on the ground to mount to truck wiring wasn't bad either...Put it on a 92 chevy for 5 yrs. transfered it to a 01 chevy last yr.

9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Hey King. You may want to download the install and owners manual from Western website too.