1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do I need to mount this ?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by blk90s13, Feb 8, 2014.

1. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

2. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

Some pieces of metal and a welder

3. blk90s13

4. blk90s13

5. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

6. LopatLT7495

LopatLT7495 Member

You can just get backrack light bar brackets as long as the light bar has the mounting feet on it.

7. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

it depends what the bottom of the bar is like. some mount with bolts, others with slide in brackets. without knowing what the bottom of the bar is like, no one can really answer your question.

8. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

You should be able to use bolts through the backrack mount, that go into the light bar. If there are no holes where the mount lines up, drill and tap some holes. It is easier then you think.

9. blk90s13

The bottom of the bar uses a slide in mount type like the feet in the eBay link, so it maybe whelen feet + backrack bracket is the way to go here.

Now the other thing who is familiar with the wiring on the this bars ? Am I supposed to split alley lights each on a switch and the strobes should I split front and rear each on a separate switch ? or its just personal preference ?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014