1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do I need to mount this plow?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by t-sig, Dec 1, 2010.

1. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

I have a Meyers C-9 with the EZ Classic mount. It is currently on a Ford, I would like to move it to a 2011 Chevy 2500. What would I need to make this switch? The plow match on the Meyers web site did not give me any info other than to talk to a dealer.

Thanks.

2. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

At least a mount and wiring. Don't know much about meyer and if you need to make a custom bracket or the make one for the 2011. Id check with the dealer too...

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You're not finding any info because there is no EZ-Classic mount for the 2011 GM's. You'd have to either custom build one or update to an EZ-Plus system. Either can be a sizable expense.

4. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

Thanks B&B. I see what you mean. The plow I have has about 1/2 a seasons use. It came on a small dump that I bought to use as a dump, not a plow truck, it is only 2wd. Plus, I like having a plow on my daily driver. I will have to do a little research to see if I want to buy an EZ Plus mount and chop up my EZ Classic mount and make one mount out of two. Anyone done this?

Thanks,

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I've built many mounts over the years and as long as you take into account all the stress/load points and do proper fabrication. reinforcement and welding it works out just fine. Can be a time consuming job to do properly though so be forward. :waving:

6. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

If you have the ability to fab it yourself I'd consider it, but if you had to pay someone, it would probably be more cost effective to sell that if its in good condition like you said, and buy something that will just bolt on.

7. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

This may seem like a silly question, but, I am rather curious by nature. Why doesn't Meyers offer an EZ-Classic mount for the new Chevy's? Is it related to an issue with frame width, or, is it because they are phasing the classic out.

8. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

This answer came from Meyers customer service:

Hello. The Classic mounts are being phased out. Although we still stock some of them for the older vehicles, they are not being redesigned for use with the changing new models of trucks. The 2011 GM trucks have a new, redesigned frame, as opposed to the 2010 and prior GM trucks, and we will not be reconfiguring the Classic mount to fit these new trucks. The Classic lift frame is a totally different design than the EZ Mount Plus lift frame, and therefore they would not be compatible with each other.

I hope this sheds some light on your questions.

Thanks again for your interest in Meyer Products.

9. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

Here's the real reason: They could sell you a mount, or a whole new setup. Which do you think Meyer would rather do? There's no reason they can't keep producing them! It's just a business decision, albeit a bad one. It certainly pissed me off, I have an EZ in great shape, but there's no mount for GM 2008 and up for it. So, do you think my next truck will have a meyer plow? Absolutely not!

10. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

Does anyone know, or can measure, the width of the universal lift frame on the EZ-Plus mount? This is the piece that is used on every truck with this plow. The vehicle specific framework bolts on either side of it and behind it. If it is the same, or wider than the classic mount piece, then, fabrication may be pretty easy.

Thanks,

Tony