1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do I need for plow lights?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Glenzo, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Glenzo

Glenzo Junior Member

Hi,I have a 1996 Chevy K2500 that I need to put plow lights on,I have a set of Meyer lights that are not the SABER type.The head light set on the truck is one sealed bulb on each side each containing Hi-Lo beam.The truck also has daytime running lights which I can't seem to shut off at all

I don't want to have to cut wires and don't really want to shell out big bucks for a saber system as I really only plow my driveway when I get home after plowing for the town that I work for.

Is there a harness available?modules? I could really use some help ,doesn't have to be meyers,after all its a seperate system from the plow

Thanks Glenn

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can purchase the Night Saber module kit (without the lights themselves) and the correct headlight adapters for your truck....and then simply install your own plugs on the leads out to the plows lights. Thats how I do them in situations such as yours.

3. Glenzo

Glenzo Junior Member

Thanks for the info,any suggestions as to where I can purchase modules?

Thanks again

4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

I'd check E-bay I have seen several brand new module kits with the plow headlamp harnesses, and turn-signal harness, typically you can get them for $100-$120. Then all you would have to get is the correct headlamp adapter harness plugs, which typically run $50-$70 . You could also update your whole lightng system with Saber lights for $275 + adapters than sell your old lights.

If you get the components from Angelos , CPW, or a Meyer dealer, your going to see a big difference in prices.

Just some options.

Jay

5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Do yourself a favor and do not go with the Sabre lights. I hate them and have hated every one that I have owned. Stick with the older ones and do what B&B said. Less headaches in the long run!!

6. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  7. bradt

bradt Junior Member
    from NW MN

so, what is the difference between the older style lights as opposed to the sabers? is there an entirely different wiring/modules that i have with the older ones? I am running a 03 chev 1500hd. i have the older style and was thinking about switching over, but, i want to know if it is worth the time and money.
    thanks.
    -bt

8. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

If you want to switch your old truck lite type lights over to work with the saber modules and adapter plugs it can be done.

I was able to purchase several new Saber light harness plugs from a plow dealer who installed several Nght Sabers II on a different plow brand for his customers. I then got help from B&B and others on rewiring the truck lites with the saber harnesses, see photos posted previously. I have installed four of these sets so far and they work well for newer trucks, I also purchased a number of light modules and their harnesses to tie the lights into these new truck applications, so far so good! If you were to purchase all the necessary parts to convert them your going to spend in the $200-$250 range so IMHO a new set of Sabers on E-bay can be had for the same money , so I'd be going that route for one application. The only reason I did this is I had 12 sets of truck lites and I was able to purchase the pig tails very reasonably, and I scored a dozen sets of modules off e-bay so it allowed me to put several sets of lights together for far less than if I were to buy 12 sets of Sabers.

jay