1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do I have?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by EliteSnow&Ice, Jan 6, 2013.

1. EliteSnow&Ice

EliteSnow&Ice Senior Member

I bought a used 810 from another contractor and he had a projet plow that they were going to turn into a skid steer plow. The back side of the A frame had already been cut and the mole board was some what sand blasted. The pump and the manifold came in a tote and were already take apart. I got my welding started but I am trying to figure out whats up with the plug and wires.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. EliteSnow&Ice

3. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

looks pre dd for sure maybe 99-2000 year better call jerre nobody else will know what to do
    payup

4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Definitely a 99 model based on the backside of the moldboard and manifold.

5. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

I agree ... btw I have a brand new loaded '99 style manifold like this one that is for sale. What is your plan for this plow EliteSnow&Ice? These can become money pits real fast.

6. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Having run many 99 810 blizzards, several upgrades should be done well apart!!!! Or you will be tearing it down later to do it then!

7. EliteSnow&Ice

I did a manifold flip. What else should I do while I got it apart. Do you know if an angle cylinder of 03 810 will work on this unit. I got a coulpe extra laying around.

8. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Yup, it's a 99-00, check out the diode pack!!

9. EliteSnow&Ice

Going, going, gone. I plan on a new wire job since iam using it on a skid steer

10. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Found a brand new plow side harness for one of these 99's today while going through some old boxes. Still in the original package. I love the 2 plug system. Got the big click style power plug and then a Hiniker style round plug for controls. Wonder why they went away from that? Just so they could have a single plug?

11. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Yeah, cylinders should work. Set the 99 next to a newer one and compare structurally. Most important IMO add some 1" x3/8" plating on the back of the moldboard and some additional steel on the ears above the pins where there is only 1/4" plate. Doing this will keep your slide boxes from getting squished inside the moldboard channels.

Lots of other tweaks, sounds like you are on the right track doing the flip.

Are you going with central hydro or setting up as original? Got lots of spare parts and pieces as well if you need anything.

12. EliteSnow&Ice

I am thinking of running the original plow hydraulics for now. I spoke with jeere (big shout out to him for the advice) about ditching the original wire harness and wiring up new. I don't own a skid steer at this point so I figured this is the best route.

13. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Yeah Jerre is the man:mechanic: are you going to run with truck side solenoid like all post 99 PH 1 plows then?

14. EliteSnow&Ice

I plan on mounting it down on the plow some where. I did sit and study the two plows side by side and now see where i need to add some steel. Thanks.

15. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

I would try to route the angle cylinders to the aux hydrolics in the skid. That way you dont have to remove your hands to angle side to side. Then make your own shoe box for the wings. Would make things a lot easier when your plowing for hours.

At first I thought you were trying to convert back the truck. I was gonna blast you hard for that. lol. Welds look good so far and you will love the plow.

Me personally, I would have rather converted a speedwing for a skid. Nothing to worry about then.

16. damian

damian Senior Member

I have lots of main blade cutting edges for those 99s that I will never use I would love to sell cheep but I am in Mass and would have to ship. You are quite ambitious I never did have much good luck with those first generation 810s, you are lucky some of the guys have parts for that valve body near you, I cant get support for them. I tend to shy away from all 8 hose models they can really start costing to fix . I really like the later 4 hose models. good luck.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013