1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Do I Do!?!?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lil'PlowinMan93, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Lil'PlowinMan93

Lil'PlowinMan93 Senior Member

Okay so me and my dad got into this big discussion and one of the subject's that was brought up was my truck. I was informed that i cannot buy a 1/2 ton or anything big! so now im stuck. Now i know you shouldn't plow with a S10/Sonoma/Canyon/Colorado. But since it's my only option.... who makes a good plow for The vehicles listed above. I know a guy who has a blizzard on his ranger and loves it. And i KNOW for a fact i will get timbrens no matter what. Help! :cry: :dizzy:

2. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

My dad plowed with a Toyota tacoma or whatever the small pickup is called for years. 4 cylinder auto with a 6.5 meyer and pro wings. It was crazy the amount of snow it would push. He mounted a snow-ex 575 on the back and would haul about 1700 pounds of salt. He made a ton of money with it since everything was paid off and a tank of gas would last forever. Great for driveways and tight lots or bank drive throughs.

3. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

snow-way! with down pressure!

4. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer Junior Member

I have a western utility plow on a s10 blazer, it does all right, just light. It was on the truck when I bought it specifically for smaller residential drives.
    I would buy a snow way if I were to buy one for a smaller vehicle. I run them on 3/4 and 1 tons and the down pressure is great. I also tend to go through fewer ball joints up front with the lighter plows.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

A lot of guys like running the Sno-Way on the smaller trucks.

6. ff1221

ff1221 PlowSite.com Addict

i think most companies make one for that application, I know Blizzard and Arctic both do, and they are both good plows. My mncipality used to plow sidewalks with S-10 pick-ups with Arctic plows, they worked great, A guy I know even plowed with a Chevy Tracker, litle thing would go through anything.

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

A lot of people are running Sno-Way plows on small trucks, but the Fisher Homesteader is a good plow to JMO.

8. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

I have two homesteaders on jeeps,they work well for me.
    Keep an eye on the bolts.

9. Lil'PlowinMan93

Lil'PlowinMan93 Senior Member

Yeah that's all i'll be doing is residential drive-ways and small lots.

10. vincent

vincent Senior Member

I have a boss sport duty(7.5) on my 08 canyon with a 575 on the rear.

Does just fine.