1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What did I get?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bighornjd, Sep 14, 2010.

1. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

Just picked this up today for a good price (eff-arr-eee-eee) Not sure what model it is or what the capacity would be? Can't find any numbers - i need a new motor and controller. The motor is locked up and the shaft badly rusted. Spinner and auger look OK but not sure if they will come off the shaft OK since it is so rusty. Can I get the whole assembly and where is a good place to get parts for this thing? Plan on taking the hopper off and blasting/repainting the frame. Is this a decent spreader or a POS? I know it looks to be an older unit. I figure even with the cost of a new motor and controller I will be money ahead over a whole new spreader. Thanks.

2. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like you got a spinner, an auger, and an orange box
  3. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

We used to have one of those. It should be fine for driveways and smaller lots....got to use bagged product of course. Mounts in your receiver....

We use push spreaders of all driveways now. The spread and control of product is better...

Call Buyers. I'm sure they can help you.
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

loks like a buyers spreader. look on their website or get ahold of Northern Hydraulics for parts
  5. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Plus he got some metal,lol IDK man, motors for those kind of spreaders are usually around 150.00, its the wiring and controller that are going to be the expensive part. But even if you need to put in 500-700 to make it new its still a good deal.
  7. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

You dont need to buy the factory wiring or controller unless you want it to be variable speed. If you dont want it variable speed, you can run some 10 gauge wire fused from the battery and to a heavy duty switch and back to the spreader.