1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what day is it? sleep, whats that?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Grn Mtn, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

wow, are we getting pounded, way over a foot of snow in 2 days. Plus the snow we had just a day before that, and more is coming.

So I go to one of our large lots that we handle because we got a call, I'm thinking I just left there 2 hours ago after dumping a ton of salt, the lot had just been plowed a little before, what could they want? I pull in and its wet pavement mostly:confused: So I go inside and wait for the MGR, 5 MINUTES later, thank you very little she comes sauntering up and proclaims WELL WE DON'T NEED YOU NOW, BUT AN HOUR AGO IN THE WHITE OUT IS WHEN WE NEEDED YOU! ...............................................................................................okay, now I've had very little sleep (like all of us) in not sure how long, and this lady is yelling at me because customers were complaining that it was slippery during the blizzard. WTF its a blizzard for crying out loud! AND I WAS SALTING THE LOT WHEN IT (the blizzard) HIT.

I also love all the people who think maybe if i drive really really fast into the snow bank thats 2' high I won't get stuck.

ahhh good times.

2. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

Haha people are great. We only got about a foot here but it was over the course of 2 and a half days so I am still stuck on friday somewhere. Maybe bye the end of this week I will be straightened out.

3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i had a commercial site (6 acres or so) call me at 8:30 am , they open at 10..... they called me 3 times, the manager even wanted to have a meeting with me in the middle of the storm. i was 15 mins away , and he couldnt wait, so we had a phone conferance... they sent someone out with a snow blower to try to clean a 6 acre lot

in the mean while , we had 3 trucks, and a skid steer on site workig , with a snow fall rate of 2.5 inches per hour... and he wanted to knwo why the lot was not plowed yet, while it was still snowing

4. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

I sleep for a few hrs, than plow for 8hrs and repeat steps...:dizzy:
    At this point I'm sick of plowing, never have time to piss before someone else calls..:help:

5. lumps

lumps Senior Member

Little sleep here and there. Had a foot in some of my places just in one day, with snow every day before and after that. Headed back out in a couple hours 'cause it's been snowing all day today. Only got stuck once, trying to backdrag 4' of drift from a garage that had been packed down by the wind (imagine the height before it packed!)... bit off more than I could chew. Other than that, aside from being sick for the last week, things are going as well as can be expected I guess.