1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What cutting edge?? urthane rubber??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by andrewlawnrangr, Feb 26, 2007.

1. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

looking for a new edge on my 8 footer meyers..

now i run the stock metal edge but it has slowly began towear on the right and left side more than in the middle. i do commerical lots and drivways. im unsure about the rubber and urthane edge will they wear same.. maybe faster?? maybe slower?

the last 2 storms we had the lots were slushy and a few had the thin layer of ice crust on top..but what about snow packed lot or tire tracks down a driveway.. i am wonder will the rubber or urthane edge get these

i have used a rubber edge on a pushbox and it is great nice a clean but thats a little different the the blade goin side to side

any thoughts???

2. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

any one theres like 60 ppl on this forum at night time .. anyone???

3. plowdog

plowdog Member
    from MN

rubber edges are great for drives with paver bricks but won't scrape like a steel edge.

4. Runner

Runner Senior Member

They have their pluses and minuses. As was stated above, it doesn't scrape hardpack as well on pavement as steel edge, but they do clean up slush better. Also, they don't damage pavers and textured concrete like steel edge will. For your application (mostly commercial), I think you would be better off with the steel edge.

5. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i had a u edge on my c-8. was very quiet .skipped over raise manhole covers but didnt scrape very well . couldnt break hardpak now its collecting dust on my shelf.
    if your interested id sell it for $125.00

JOHN

HORSHAM,PA