1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What could cause this...

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by JLC, Jan 21, 2009.

1. JLC

JLC Member

I kept loosing oil from the reservoir on my 8611LP and after tracing everthing out, all I could find was a loose 45 degree fitting on the drivers wing extend line. I pulled the hose to remove the fitting and clean everything up before reinstalling the the hose and fitting.

During this time the hose never stoped draining oil. I've removed the hoses before to replace slide boxes and the hoses never kept running oil. Usually only a couple drops and that was it. I always assumed it was because the valve was shut. Wondering if this circuit has a stuck valve? The truck was off and there was no power to the plow. Truck and plow are stored in a heated shop, so should me a moisture/freezing problem. Any thoughts, anyone had this problem. The plow still functions fine in the shop.

Thanks for any and all help.

2. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

If its a leaking fitting you should be able to see some evidence somewhere. Just wipe clean all fittings and cylinders and operate all the functions for a few minutes and then recheck for leaks again.