1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Could Be The Cause Of This Problem?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by LordOfTheSith, Jan 2, 2006.

1. LordOfTheSith

LordOfTheSith Member

When I lift my Diamond ( older ) plow it VERY SLOWLY starts to drop by itself. Can someone please help me identify what the problem is and what I need to do to fix it. It is a fully hydraulic plow system. THANKS in advance for your help!

2. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

Your having leak down which would indicate that you have a bad seal. Likely time for a rebuild.
  3. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

Depending on what pump you have, there is a adjustment screw for blade drop speed. Check this out before you go rebuilding the whole unit.
  4. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

Take the other advise up above, and if that doesn't pan out, I think you have a leaky valve in the control valve block. You did say it is a fully hydraulic system, right? I don't know where you would look for a fluid schematic. Meyer might have one on the web.

edit: Are you sure you don't have any external fluid leaks? That will allow the weight of the plow to push fluid out and drop the plow if it is leaking.