1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what company sell the....

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by 02DURAMAX, Oct 5, 2008.

1. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

What is the website that sells the rubber protectors that you put over the magnets of your roof mounted light bar?

I looked at looked at can't find the website!:mad:

:help::help:

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

not sure. but i bought a can of "plasti-coat" or something and just dipped the magnets in it, let them dry for a few hours and be good to go.

3. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

I usually just take gasket sealant, apply a ring around the chrome cover and edge of the magnet to keep the paint from coming into contact with the sharp edges, but still lets the magnet make full contact with the roof surface. I've never had a problem with scratches doing that. Although, I still take the light off once in a while to wash and wax thoroughly to make sure no rust or scratches start.

4. 02DURAMAX

I'll see if i can find a can of that.

5. 02DURAMAX

yea but it stll rubs thrugh the silicone with all teh vibration.

I would really like the rubber protectors if i can find them and they where cheap too..Like $10 for a pack of four.

6. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

AW Direct i think

7. 02DURAMAX

I looked and couldnt find them there....:dizzy:

8. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

www.priority1emergency.com has them for 90lb pull magnets .. last time i checked they were 4 for $10 bucks ... i still have my original ones from 2 yrs ago on my lfl patriot mini bar .. long lasting rubber boots ... look under SPECIALS section to find them .... hes located in Livonia, Michigan

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  9. 02DURAMAX

thanks!!!

Also did it make a big difference on the pull of the magnet?

How much weaker does it make it with the rubber boot on?

Can you still drive with the light bar on?

10. 02DURAMAX

also how wide is your magnet?

MIne is 31/4 will it fit it?

Its going on a luminator mini bar from able 2

11. groundbreakers

yah i bought a able 2 led bar with the first generation leds and the rubber boots worked great ..... 3.5 are the 90lb pull .... once you stick the bar to the roof the rubber boots act like suction cups between the magnet and metal surface .. when i had my bar on my roof 3 months ago .. the bar never moved no rings no rust nothin ... but if you let the bar set up on the roof for a while the bar will pull off and the rubber boots stick to the metal .. but then you just peel them off and clean em up ... very durable

for $10 dollars its priceless ........ i would have gave you my other set but my dog ripped em all up but one .. LOL ....

12. 02DURAMAX

Ok thanks I will be ordering these.

13. SpruceLandscape

CRAP....

Well, these things sounded like a good Idea, so I bought them, but guess what, They are way too big for the magnets on my mini bar:realmad:

14. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

Can you get me the Diameter of the boot?

15. Doom & Gloom

Doom & Gloom Senior Member

I just emailed the company to ask for the diameter. I need a set also but my Whelen Responder has the smaller magnets and I think those boots are to big.

16. groundbreakers

they're made for 90lb pull magnets there 3.5 inches wide ...

17. Doom & Gloom

Doom & Gloom Senior Member

I talked to Sara at Priority 1 Yesterday and she said they carry the smaller boots (2-2 1/4 dia)also but are out of stock and could take a number of weeks to get. They are the same price.

18. SpruceLandscape

I'm going to try and see if I turn the boots upside down and place them on the roof where the magnets will contact if they will work and maybe just act like a suction cup?

19. groundbreakers

are you rubber boots to big for the magnet ??

20. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

thank you for letting me know, i will have to measure my magnets, i do not want to mess up my roof, while i am waiting to order and install leds.