1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What companies bid on A&P / Pathmark supermarkets?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

USM is bidding them, they won't bid off a management level so we can't bid them directly. USM probably wont get them anyway. Is any other companies out there submitting bids?

2. Plow Nuts

Plow Nuts Senior Member

Where in Jersey are there still a&p and pathmarks. They are all but gone from camden county.

BTW you would not happen to be a Pontiac enthusiast would you? Just asking cause of your screen name.:salute:

3. Ramairfreak98ss

I believe there's still one in Camden county...email me ill send you the list :). Yeah I'm a car not....3 souped up 99, 00 and 01 gtps and an 01 ramair trans am among everything else..I like my fords too and one dodge lol

We did the willingboro and cherry hill pathmarks before

4. Plow Nuts

Plow Nuts Senior Member

that is right--cherry hill has 1 pathmark left. Dayum!

5. Plow Nuts

Plow Nuts Senior Member

we do mostly warehousing and shipping centers--try to stay away from retail. I had a 00 GTP I bought new--sold it last year with 43k on it. It just sat and it was going to waste--I was spending most of my time playing with this toy.......

IMG_9940.jpg

6. Harold Finch

Harold Finch Member

I have serviced an A and P for several years, perhaps in their current bankruptcy this is a blessing in disguise for us. Remember the line in the USM contract where it states if they dont get paid you dont get paid. USM is always calling me saying they have "the contract(s)" for this site or that site but in the end they never do. And most likely because very few reputable/able contractors will work for USM. I personally have had bad experience with nationals and my company will not work for them any longer. I would keep in touch with your A and P sites you used to service, this USM deal may be short lived.

7. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

A&P hired USM as an IFS solution (Integrated Facility Solution). Means like what Emcor does who owns them, A&P gave them 100% of all their facility work. Seems kind of scary. Two compnaies working together of which neither one pays. Ha ha. Sounds like a match made in heaven. Looks like the plumbers and carpenters are in trouble on this one too!

8. Ramairfreak98ss

nice! I bought a 02 black GTP coupe for my mom like 4yrs ago, was a good deal and buddy owned it. Heres a bunch of my pictures on webshots of the cars.. not too into the older stuff since im 30 but still know about a lot of it.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/ramairfreak98ss

Yeah we do mostly retail and not much warehouse or shipping centers, couple smaller places but never bid on much in the way of large facilities that ship or truck etc. Robbinsville NJ has some monster 1 million sq ft buildings but all really require a 3-4 yard front end loader and 16' box if you think your gonna put a dent in those places. We'd have to dedicate too much equipment to one site.

9. Ramairfreak98ss

Yeah it sucks because we've done two pathmarks in NJ for the last couple years, the company that we went through "a snow management co" wasnt bad to work for, paid a little snow but did pay everything and nothing major came up. we wont work for usm but surely since we have the whole corner on rt130 in NJ across from the pathmark we used to do, we'll get to see whos doing it, no huge loss but wanted that site too since we already have all the trucks and machines across the street.

10. s&mll

s&mll Senior Member
    from NJ

That pathmark is gross on the inside. Parking lot is in need of serious repair. Why would you ever want to beat up your plows on a lot that has potholes the size of a truck.

Let usm screw up another contract. Then we will all be back next year

11. Ramairfreak98ss

yeah its pretty bad...

The burlington county location they messed up on and then realized they were getting fined by the township for not clearing the entire lot.. they then said they had to clear the axillary lot too so we handled that for the 2010 February blizzards as well. Not sure how these companies have so much mis-communication about what to service and what not to :/