1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what cis better to get for plowing and long trips

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dieselfreak, Jan 12, 2005.

1. dieselfreak

dieselfreak Member

i was thinking of getting a lariet and that comes with leather and heated seats F350 of course But what is the difference of XLT and Lariet. i think the XLT is more of pulling and plowing but i think lariet is more luxury and i want them both though. i just wanted to see what you guys thought about what i should get.
  2. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

Its all up to you, the truck is the same regardless of the interior, so its all up to personal preference. You mentioned leather seats, heated seats, also will have more creature comforts such as overhead console with temp/direction/time, etc. I don't think it really matters what you have on the inside of the truck, its all about your ability to push snow, whats under the hood, and how you use it. I'm not a big fan of carpet on a plow truck, but thats just me, and there are some great all-weather mats available now so you don't get the carpet wet or stain them.

Check this out for an exact idea as to what options are available and/or standard equipment.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  3. Cfdff85

Cfdff85 Member

Get a GM. IMO
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I like the leather as it is easy to clean. If I could leave out the carpet floor I would but you can't. Heated mirrors is the best. If you are plowing and the snow is sticking to the mirrors then you hit the button and away you go. 2 months ago I priced a basic 4 door F350 Diesel 4x4 and a loaded Lariat, the difference was $4,500 Canadian, less then 10% of the cost. It would be hard not to get the loaded one. Now if I was rich I would buy the King Ranch, the inside is gorgeous.
  5. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

I ordered carpet delete and vinyl seat in my last truck.