1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What "chip/box/programmer/tuner" and mods are you running on your Cummins?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by JDiepstra, Dec 4, 2008.

1. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Hi guys. I gotta tell you, I love talking about Cummins mods! I want to hear what tuner chip box programmer or whatever you are running and what you guys have done to your trucks.

I have been running Edge Juice w Attitude for a little over a year and today I stacked an MP-8 on it. Definate kick in the pants there!

I've got more mods but before I get too into it I wanna see if anyone else posts!

2. dodge rammin

dodge rammin Member

I don't have mine chipped yet. I am considering either a Smarty or the Banks Six Gun. I have heard that they are both good tuners. I just ordered intake and exhaust for mine. What are you running on that side of things on yours?

3. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

06 2500-- Gutted the tube, muff delete and removed the silencer ring. No programmer yet waiting for the engine to break in a little more. Only 50km, 30miles on it. Like to add some stacks and go with a Smarty JR.

93 W250-- mostly stock. Started tweeking in injector pump. Next week going to give the star a few clicks.

4. payton

payton Senior Member

03 3500
    boxes ive ran
    bully dog
    edge
    bully dog and mp8 together.
    currently running
    smarty with mp8.
    fass 150 150 pump.
    sb dd 3650
    intake stage3 4inch exhaust
    basic gauges
    put 430 down on the dyno a few weeks ago

5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I run an Edge EZ on setting 1. Very affordable and easy to use. I do like the more expensive Edge chips that display EGT, boost and tranny temp so maybe one day I'll upgrade to one of those but it's not in the near future.

6. JDiepstra

Pretty much all the little stuff! I have an AFE Pro Guard filter in the stock airbox. It is the big cone shaped one, not the flat panel. Then, I drilled a 4" hole in the bottom of the box and ran 4" tube about 18" down towards the ground. This helps pick up more cold air. I replaced the factory "torque tube" with the PSM Cool Red Hose. It eliminates the sound dampening junk inside the stock tubes. For exhaust I have a 4" Silverline cat back. AFE Blade Runner, HTS valve body with deep tranny pan, Amsoil for tranny, front and rear diffs, and transfer case, pricol optix fuel pressure and tranny temp gauges, train horns with 5 gal tank and 200 psi compressor. That's pretty much it. And the Edge Juice with Attitude and MP-8. Next up will be rail pressure gauge and DTT single disk TC.

7. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I run an Edge Juice Attitude, 4" exhaust with muffler delete, AFE stage II intake... the basics I guess.

Before you go any further with your mods I think its time to give Suncoast a call for a new trans.

8. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

I have pretty much tried all the goodies,I have injectors,injection pump,straight pipe,air intake,full billet HTS Trans,quad adrenaline box,intercooler,want to go twins next just unsure of towing with them. go with dusty's recommendation for a T/C

9. JDiepstra

Twins should be great for towing. I already talked to Dusty. He does great work.

10. RamPainting LLC

RamPainting LLC Senior Member

I'm running a juice with Attitude, Airdog 150, AFE pro dry stage 2 intake, 4" MBRP turboback, Amsoil Bypass oil filter kit. Saving up some payup for a built tranny, hope to have a Super B, injectors and maybe an exhaust brake this summer?

You guy's looking at twins, here is a small video of my buddies truck. He is running BD twins at 70 psi, 260 HP injectors and a stage 2 monster pump :dizzy: This truck idles like it's broken, brakes all tires loose in 4wd and has run a best of 12.4 1/4 mile at 5,500 feet above sea level :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KffVoYFFW0

Please check out my buddies website before buying diesel performance parts!!!!

Holland Court Diesel Performance
    Your one Stop Diesel Super Shop
    303-986-0330 303-986-0330
    http://hollandcourtdieselperformance

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  11. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

My 2004 has a Max Energy Tuner
    2002 has a Hypertech Programmer
    2001 has an Edge Comp Box

I saw the biggest gainns and noticed alot more power with the Edge than the other two.
    Edge makes an awesome product IMO

12. 04WhiteSport

04WhiteSport Senior Member

SMARTY!!! POWER with the SMOKE!

13. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

My mods are listed in my signature. Right now I have the city MPG flash in my quad box and that's getting me anywhere from 1.5 to 2 mpg more. The other two settings are HP and SMOKE. I may download some of the others and see how they work.

:waving:

14. onebadplowtruck

onebadplowtruck Junior Member

If the smoke ain't black take it back

My 05 is making awesome (un-dynoed) power rite now with a Bully-Dog Triple Dog CRAZY LARRY program, stacked with an edge e-z when im at the track(9.0 1/8th mile times are easy with this set up) K&N "off-road" series 77 intake (whistles like crazy i love it) removed the turbo silencer, no muffler, custom 5" turbo back to 2 4" tail pipes and 24" long 6" tips coming out the corners under the back bumper. Suncoast trans was the best upgrade ive done yet, corvette, mustang, import, duramax (at least the guys around here), GTOs, 7.3 and 6.0 PSD beat them all, what a fun truck. easy to play with guys on the street, no one suspects the guy with the 48" whelen light bar and the boss plow frame and 35" Baja Claws could ever beat them........LOL get em almost every time. Anyone need any advise or custom work done on their CUMMINS feel free to ask. im pulling the head off my truck this spring to o-ring, stud and port and polish it with the intent of upgrading the turbo and adding nitrous.....wesport

15. NBI Lawn

Pics are going to be needed to back this up. Although I guess there isnt that much done, just a long discription. How do you like that suncoast? My trans is fine, I'm just thinking ahead

I would race you :cool:...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  16. JDiepstra

Sounds pretty awesome. You must have other fueling mods to help push the Crazy Larry EZ stack hard enough to beat a Corvette?

17. NBI Lawn

Wouldn't a Cummins come close to runnning out of fuel with an edge on 5?

18. RamPainting LLC

RamPainting LLC Senior Member

Mine was close before I bought an airdog 150, I think the common rail trucks have a little more room to spare. You'd feel your truck run out of fuel (bucking) if you where running the rail dry.

There is no way a stock turbo'd truck could beat a vette, I posted this video above of Barker's truck racing a vette with BD twins, BD trans, water meth, Adrenalin, airdog etc. this truck runs low 12 sec 1/4 miles here at 5,500' ASL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KffVoYFFW0

19. JDiepstra

I have a stock, in-tank pump with about 20,000 miles on it. With a new fuel filter the Juice on 5 pulls the fuel psi to about 7.5 psi. When I turn up the MP-8 I can get it down to about 5 PSI. My pump seems to be doing pretty well compared to what I read about from a lot of other people.

20. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

2002 2500 K&N air charger, Super Chips tuner, full set of gauges. Just enough for a little more power but not enough to break things..:0)