1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What changes are in store for your plow Jeep this summer?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by MLG, Apr 8, 2012.

1. MLG

MLG Senior Member
    from WI

What are you planning to do this summer to get ready for next year?

Mods or changes to your truck?
    Mods or changes to your plow?
    New plow?
    New Jeep?

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Frame work

3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Finish mounting plow, mount/repair rear plow, fix a floor board. It needs to be ready to ready for next season, we are starting to restructure our business and will need it added to our fleet for the changes.

4. MLG

MLG Senior Member
    from WI

For me, I need to finish up on putting my plow together. I sandblasted the Meyer, rewelded the broken welds and some new seals. But since we never had much snow, I didn't finish it. Just a few bolts to go and some new batt cables. On the truck itself, I guess shocks and the headliner (replace). Could use new rockers and paint, but that'll have to be next year.

5. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

No changes, just spray down with with more rust preventative and dielectric grease in the connectors.

6. cjshloman

cjshloman Senior Member

Gonna pull my blade, sand it repaint...then pull the mount and do the same. nothing big.

7. champgymusa

champgymusa Junior Member

Pretty simple, took the plow off and power washed everything, did some touch up paint work. Changed tranny fluid, oil, and lube job...then put the tow bar on it and it will do 15-20K behind the bus this summer...

8. WhitePlowr

WhitePlowr Senior Member

fluid change , wash and wax , lube