1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Caused The Split?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by LordOfTheSith, Mar 1, 2006.

1. LordOfTheSith

LordOfTheSith Member

What was the cause of the gentlemen who created/owned Fisher to split and the other guy to start making Diamond plows? I am just curious as I have recently picked up an older fully hydraulic Diamond plow ( works and plows GREAT ) and am just interested in the history of the split.

2. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

This is actually the first I have ever heard of Fisher being a joint company and one guy going off to make Diamond. Never knew that. My guess is it was just like any other partnership and had a lot of differences that couldn't be worked out.

What kind of truck is the Diamond hydraulic/hydraulic on?
  3. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I knew there was a relation somewhere cause I have an old 8 foot diamond plow (heavy) that I got off of a chevy dealership yard truck. This plow fits my old style fisher mount perfectly on my 85K-10.

4. LordOfTheSith

LordOfTheSith Member

It is on a 1991 GMC Sierra 2500...had this baby since I bought it new. I just recently decided to put a plow set up on it and found the Diamond in the local want ads rather cheap...so I picked it up...works WONDERFULLY! I decided to uy it just in case my 2005 Ram with a Western Uni-mount ever broke down....plowing with the Diamond is very nice!