1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What can u use for top rubber deflector

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by BD1, Dec 18, 2013.

1. BD1

BD1 Member

Friend at work has a Polaris utv with a plow, don't know what make, he would like to add the curl rubber piece to the top to keep the snow from coming over the top of the plow. Any suggestions

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Conveyer belt from your local farm supply store.
  3. Liberty LLC

Liberty LLC Member
    from NJ

Tractor trailer mud flaps maybe
  4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

That would be too many pieces. I'm assuming he wants one solid piece.
  5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

baler belt

Cheap way is a tire cut sidewall off and use the tread part
  6. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Conveyor belt and a piece of steel
    Across the top
  7. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

Most of the ATV plow manufacturers sell them
  8. Ford.crazy

Ford.crazy Junior Member

Go to your local stone quarry, Scrap yard, anywhere that uses conveyor belts. Ask if they have a ripped belt. Usually these belt are a few hundred feet and 2-3 foot wide 1/2-3/4 inch thick. Most place will give it to you, just to get rid of it. Cut off what you need and let the rest there. I use conveyor belt on every plow I have from the local stone quarries ripped belts.
  9. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Thats where I got mine.
  10. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

If you dont have time and want it now, goto ebay, search item #390728062568. $25 for the Warn version.
  11. Akronic

Akronic Junior Member

I used a conveyor belt as well, it's flexible enough but still holds it's shape and keeps the snow from coming over the top. I also had some flat bar to sandwich it to the plow rather than just using washers. How do I attach pics in my reply?
  12. glngib

glngib Junior Member

I cut my truck bed mat down to fit my other truck and had some left over so I used some of it for the flap on top of plow.