1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Brandis This?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by RD1970, Dec 21, 2007.

1. RD1970

RD1970 Junior Member
    from ohio

Can anyone tell me what brand and or model this is I recently purchased it and I'm putting it on my 77 chevy truck. It is power raise and gravity down. It does have ports I believe to add cylinders to angle the plow but they are caped off. It has a cable used to engage and disengage the ram. There are no tags on the engine so I have know idea who makes it.

PLOW 001.jpg

PLOW 002.jpg

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

pics suck but looks like a cable style western unit. dime a dozen. thay made lots of these. and the frame hoop looks western also.

3. RD1970

RD1970 Junior Member
    from ohio

I know my camara is not very nice. Thanks for the help. Do you have any expirence with this type of plow? How well do they work? For that matter how does it work?

4. RD1970

RD1970 Junior Member
    from ohio

Also can any one tell me haw to change fluid in the motor, how much it should take and what type?

5. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Western frames are square...looks like a Meyers to me!

6. RD1970

RD1970 Junior Member
    from ohio

I'd have to say it is a western because I can't find any info on a cable operated meyer

7. RD1970

RD1970 Junior Member
    from ohio

I don't know if this means anything but the pump is red and the plow is yellow?

8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

sounds and looks like a western pump on a meyer frame and blade.

9. RD1970

RD1970 Junior Member
    from ohio

So now that we have got that settled how do I go about changing fluid in the pump and how much fluid does it hold?

10. big bird

big bird Senior Member

look at the bottom of the well is the drain

11. big bird

big bird Senior Member

the bolt behind the motor is ur fill:waving:

12. RD1970

RD1970 Junior Member
    from ohio

Thanks that gives me somthing to work with is it just like a rear end fill it until fluid comes ot the top hole?