1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Brand???

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by unimogr, Mar 3, 2009.

1. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

I bought this setup used and I have no history on where it originally came from. The plow is a Frink, the headgear looks to be professionally made. What's the brand?

My problem is I broke the round rod that is part of the plow attachment. When attached to the truck it is held in place by two clamps on the headgear. It seems the piece of ledge I hit on my route is stronger than the round rod. It snapped (not bent, twisted or otherwise) so it leads me to believe it's a hardened piece of stock. The welds didn't penetrate well into the rod but really well into the surrounding metal, which also makes me think hardened.

So, today's question is do I need hardened? How hard? If it's a brand that still in business I can try and ask them otherwise I'm on my own.

Frink frame.JPG

Frink turnt.JPG

Frink attach.JPG