1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Brand Plow is best for my Excursion?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Excursion, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Excursion

Excursion Junior Member

I have a 2002 Ford Excursion with a 6.8L V10 engine. I am looking to buy my first plow and I am torn as to which brand I should buy. I have used Fisher and seen the Boss plows around, but I never bought my own plow. Money is tight (wife got laid off) and I need it to go the distance. I was looking into Fisher, but Boss is a little less money. I do know that I want a trip edge, not a full trip plow. It needs to be either a 7.5 or 8 foot and I would like a hand held controller. I live in MA, so if you suggest a brand, could you suggest a place to buy one at the best price. I don't need to buy it this second, I could wait until the summer, if there is a place that would discount it in the off season. Any and all help and tips are appreciated.:dizzy:

2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

BDavis sells good used Fishers at a reasonable price.

3. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

I have a blizzard on my excursion and like it. Most plows are very similar, usually comes down to price...and personal opinion. The westerns seem easiest to put on or take off.

4. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Can't go wrong with either a Boss or a Fisher. I would go with at least the 8 footer for that size truck. Other than them two I would suggest a Western, it also depends on what dealer is close in case service is needed!