1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Brand of Truck Do You Have?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DeereFarmer, Oct 31, 2006.

?

What Brand Truck Are You Driving This Season

1. Ford

41 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Chevy/GMC

57 vote(s)
    46.3%
  3. Dodge

30 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. Import

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  5. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Bigger Than A Pickup

6 vote(s)
    4.9%
  7. I Wish I Had A Truck/ Whatever The Boss Lets Me Drive.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

So here is a poll just to see what everyone is driving for this year. I know it has been done before, but I know there are a lot of new trucks floating around here. So what brand truck are you driving? If you have numerous trucks, just put check the one you like the most or just check the one that you have the most of. NO BASHING WHATSOEVER!!!! No my truck is better than yours. No Dodge trannys suck or the 6.0 powerstroke is junk. I don't care! This is just a poll to see what's up for the '06/'07 season.

2. NASConst_land

NASConst_land Member

Nothing but Ford for the plow trucks and we managed to throw in a Ford and a Cab over Isuzu for Salt. We also have one older chevy, but it is a back-up truck so we dont count it.

3. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

every truck under 33000 gvw is a ford , 2 blazers and a couple of peterbilts

4. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

have 3 3/4 ton dodges with plows right now but were looking for a dump so we might have something else or another dodge soon

5. jbone

jbone Senior Member

Geez must be nice:rolleyes:

6. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

2000 Chevy 2500 new body style extended cab short bed. Bought it in Sept and picked up a used Fisher 8' MM1 plow. Just getting the wiring completed and should be able to hang it on the front end this weekend.

No brand loyalty here...I wanted a 99-2002 Chevy/GMC 3/4 becuase the extended cabs are significantly longer than either Ford or Dodge 3/4 that are available at the same price point...about $11k.

7. HouseHitter

HouseHitter Junior Member
    from zone 4

03 Dodge 3/4 crew 8 ft Fisher

8. HouseHitter

HouseHitter Junior Member
    from zone 4

first year plowing, Fake it till ya make it

9. ksgcapecod

ksgcapecod Member

2 GMC 3/4 ton crew cabs. 1 diesel and 1 gas. Both 8' Diamonds

10. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

2 Gas Chevs Reg
    1 Gas Chev Ext
    2 Diesel GMCs Reg
    Getting a Gas GMC Reg

All 3/4 tons

11. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Got 2 Chevy/ Gmc, both ext cab with Western Unimounts. I diesel, I Gas. Also have a Dodge, With a Boss Vplow. Gas

12. what brand of truck

1999 chev 3/4 bottom trip frink poly blade,1990 eddy bauer bronco,arctic full trip blade,1976 army truck flat bed arctic full trip 1985 gmc 3/4 flat bed no plow yet but probably will be arctic,i like them and have had very good luck.i've pounded them to the devil and they just keep on keeping on.i would recommend them to anyone, i also have a 310 john deere i use

13. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

02 CHEVY 2500HD CREW 6.0L
    98 CHEVY 2500 REG CAB LGBX 6.5L DIZZLE

I've had Fords, Dodges, GMC's, and Chevys and liked them all in some way or another. I even had a Toyota once and though it was the Sh%T back in the day.

14. john boardman

john boardman Member

50% of the pickups on the road with plows are GM? Maybe this reflects that more GM owners are more apt to be computer savy or more entrepreneurial or there are more GM owners in northern states that get snow? OR NOT WHO KNOWS :dizzy: (interesting) Or maybe GM owners don't mind beating up there trucks with plows as much as FORD or DODGE (I mind but I guess since I know I use mine for fishing trips (hauling boat), work (hauling trailer), family trips (4year old spills in the back seat, soon to add newborn spitup grrrrrr.) etc. I'm already hard on it so why not plow with it too. Anyone ever seen a Cadillac with a plow? I have'nt yet but never say never I just saw an 06 Cadillac EXT today with about a 12" lift kit with 20"+ rims and 40"+ tires (I just shook my head and kept driving) Kindoff like a couple of years ago when I saw some out of state hunters (pheasant opening weekend) in a new Mercedes SUV they had spray painted camo (didn't realize the pheasants actually were smart enough avoid a factory paint job).

Last edited: Nov 3, 2006