1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What brand of skid steer bucket is recommended

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Jasper304, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Jasper304

Jasper304 Junior Member
    from Ontario

I'm looking for a 96" - 101" skid steer snow bucket, and I am curious what others have that they would recommend. Virnig heavy duty bucket is what I'm leaning towards, but the price difference between them and what is offered on ebay is near 1600.00 . Any insights would be appreciated.

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I drive past Virnig's shop a couple times a week. A couple years ago I bought one of their V plows and it was really well built. I wouldn't hesitate to run any of their attachments.

3. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  4. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

I would suggest Virnig without hesitation. I spent 25+ years in the skid steer loader attachment industry and at one time sold Virnig Attachments through my company. Excellent products at very fair prices. You might be able to find something less expensive but you won't find a better value than Virnig Attachments. (I no longer have any ties with the company so I have nothing to gain by recommending them).

5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Berlon & Virnig both make a good skid steer bucket.

6. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

We have been very happy with our 100" Bobcat brand snow bucket. It amazes me how many other uses we have found for it other than snow. For that matter I can't begin to say how impressed I've been with all of the bobcat attachments I own. 17 attachments, 8 of them are Bobcat brand

7. cda817

cda817 Senior Member