1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What brand of plow is this?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by oldmankent, Dec 28, 2007.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I'm betting it is Meyer or Diamond. I am adapting this thing to fit a tractor. I have to remove the skin and get the thing sand blasted. What is the best way to remove the skin on this plow. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Nick.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Yep the plow looks like a meyer, but that a-arm looks like It came off something else?
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's all Meyer...and pretty old.
  4. StonewallFarms

StonewallFarms Member

Def. an old Meyer
  5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

yep that for sure is a meyer. I could spot one anymore a mile away:dizzy:
  6. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Yep its super old. Moby Dick was still a minnow when this plow was made :)
  7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

No doubt a Meyer. Getting a new mold board piece on it might be a bear. Might think about just welding in pieces. you can't buy the mold board already curved and ready to weld in.
  8. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

looks like the same meyers plow my brother in law has sitting in his field i took some pics today i need to resize them not sure if the tag will show but his is a model st 90
  9. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

wow those are some beefy cylinders, your not gonna have any trouble out of them

why don't you just put a poly skin on it? i sure wouldnt remove the steel moldboard skin

what is it going to go on? that would be a GREAT skid loader plow
  10. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

ok i resized the pics also this was taken with my phones camera theres 4 i resized ok i need to work on 3 of them brb

11. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

Ok here is the other two pics i cant get the front of the mold board pic resized small enough to up load

12. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

best i could do for the moldboard pic i take my real camera with me and talk him into giving me the plow.. i hope

13. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

The skin is junk. I think the skin is a replacement piece anyway. I will replace it with a piece of lexan, but I need to beef up the plow frame if I do that. The thing needs a lot of work, and just about all the welds look undercut.
  14. rredd13

rredd13 Member
    from ontario

lol...throw it away...by the time you have that rust old thing ready you will have a new or almost new one... 3/4 paid for !!!!!!