1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what brand of light bar is this?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by cameo89, Dec 16, 2009.

1. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I seen this a few times, and was wondering if any of you have hillbillies like this near you?
    Note:This is a 2 wd with NO plow

View attachment p_01127.jpg

WRIGHTWAY Senior Member

Hey that’s my brother’s truck :laughing:

I grew up in Hartford so I have seen more than my share hillbilly rides :dizzy:
    Is that the spare motor in the back? :D
  3. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

lots of spare tires and maybe a spare moter due to it being a ford! lmao that cracks me up every time I see him, hes an older colored man!
  4. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

That looks like a vintage Whelen product, with the mini flag pole option. :laughing:
  5. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

Looks like a Mars brand. Or a new Sound-Off Signal, since they are built in that area.
  6. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

hey ask him how much for the tires and rims...see if you can get me a good deal...lol....that is a pretty F'd up light bar....I remember back when I was younger my father had a respectable light bar on his truck, Dick Cepek brand, looked real classy on his 84 Chevy 1 Ton, looked nothing like that Star Wars piece of crap..lol...but that rack there in the picture my friend.....wow....why dont ya see if you can get him to part with that too, I'd like to put it on my truck......lol...probably doesnt even work..lol...oh well, to each is own
  7. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Colored Man?:laughing:pssst it`s not 1971 anymore.
  8. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Looks like a Mars Frame, Trailer lights because of no brake lights on the truck, CB antenna, and the amber light is an old Federal incondesent bulb light, he probably uses it when the truck breaks down or he's picking up more parts in the road!

You should put that on "peopleofwalmart.com" it might get posted!

The straight pole on the right side of the cab is actually a light pole in the parking lot!
  9. T&M SnowMan

"Peopleofwalmart.com"......that's great...lmfao.....walmarts always loaded with mullets,tie-die t shirts and tweety bird tattoos....and that's just the women....let's all be thankful they don't make a walmart swimsuit calender...haha
  10. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Too funny, but that pic was taken at Meijer, Im only a mile from wally world so I will keep an eye out to get a pic with walmart in the back ground! lol
  11. T&M SnowMan

maybe we can all go scope out our local walmarts and have a "trucks of Walmart" contest..lol...I better get going!!!
  12. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

cool I'll start tonight, lol gotta go to "Red Box" to return movies & run by radio shack, I'll see what I can get.
  13. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Keep checking they probably do...I could have got some really good ones this year... I've got a Walmart 1 block away and it's one of the highest on the crime list for any walmarts in the country! We had a couple of :gunsfiring: happen there along with today a 67 y/o woman got robbed at gunpoint in the parking lot.
  14. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

thats a good tinting job on that back window lol or i think its tint
  15. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

must be some auto zone silver spray paint, cheaper than window tint.....lol
  16. MattR

MattR Senior Member

I actually have a Dick Cepek light bar mount on my plow truck. Mounted to it is an old Federal Signal strobe the same size you would have seen on the big construction equipment about 25-30 years ago. I believe my strobe light is actually about that old. Still works great and the light bar is solid as if it was still new.

17. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

vintage federal signal rotators, they are the orignals
  18. T&M SnowMan

thats funny, my father had the big old round strobe (probably same as yours) mounted on light bar, and had two backup lights mounted on each side of the light....I miss that truck....84 Chevy Scottsdale 1 ton...454....4 spd with granny gear....sold it while I was overseas in the Army...I think he knew I would want it, but he probably didnt want to see it anymore...:realmad: