1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What brand of battaries do you trust the most?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Omran, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

HI guys, I am looking to replace the Battaries on my 2006 F350 Diesel and I would like to hear from you what kind/brand battaries do you trust the most? This morning I went to start my truck and boo the battaries where down, I jumped started it from my small ranger, and my Mechanic told me that because I have too many lights and plow/salter and all that stuff I need to get some high amp battaries, I found some 850 amps at autozone with 8 years warranty for $114 each, and much more the autoparts stors have so many choices and everyone want me to buy thier stuff so I said to my self I ask you guys first.

Thank you for taking time and read.
    any input will be appreciated

2. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

You might want to consider Walmart's top battery. They are yellow, I think MAXX...something. Around $75. Since you have to replace two. They're good about warranty problems. I've had good luck with them in my trucks.

3. Stove

Stove Member

Interstate 4 meussmileyflag

4. nonsense

nonsense Junior Member

*2 on the interstates

5. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I agree, I can't tell you if they are any better but I have had really good luck with them. They are not cheap however.

6. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

I think I will try to find the interstate brand tomorrow, not sure if I can find it in my neck of the wood. LOL.

7. JB1

JB1 Senior Member

just depends on which parts place I go in.

8. weareweird69

weareweird69 Senior Member

Ive always had great luck with the Die-hard P-2's in my trucks.

9. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

I have Optima Yellow Top in my 96 7.3powerstroke. Took quite a few cranks the other morning at -5 outside and never even thought about losing power. If they can crank a 7.3 over I think you're 6.0 should be just fine. Pricey batteries though. I paid $160/battery at Sam's Club. Next closest was $214 at Advance Auto

10. mule585

mule585 Member

I run optimas in all my trucks n love them they always crank got a red and yellow top in every truck

11. 01lariat

01lariat Member

Motorcraft.

12. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

Around here "Interstate" has become a four letter word. They used to be great batteries but they have gone way down hill. We have been switching all ours to motorcraft. They seem to last the longest and work the best. The Wal-marts are OK if you want a less expensive battery, but I would rather spend the extra for one I know will last and work when I need it most. I have heard a lot of good about the optima's but they will definately leave a hole in your wallet.

13. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

I just replaced 3, 1-2 year old Deka's with Interstates, and the Deka's cost more than the Interstates did.

14. goodlivin33

goodlivin33 Senior Member

from what Ive been told only one maybe 2 manufactures of batteries in the entire U.S.?

15. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

Thank you guys for the info, I went and picked up 2 made by johnson manifactury, and they carry 3 year free replacement warranty and 8 years 1/2 price deal and they got 850c cold and 1000c warm.
    thank you all for the info, it is always helpful when we share real experiance together and know more about products.

16. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

my mechanic stopped carrying them due to - to many issues. optima's are still good however.

i had to replace mine this weekend and wound up getting a die hard platinum on some good reviews i found here and i couldn't find a optima for my truck in the near by auto suppliers.

so far so good. :salute:

17. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

I've had people tell me this too. I think Exide is one of the main manufacturers.

18. qualitylawn

qualitylawn Senior Member

yellow duralast from autozone!

19. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil Member

Harris, very dependable.

20. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

Exide is one, Johnson Controls is the other main automotive battery manufacturer.