1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Boss V do you like?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by calebtk, Feb 20, 2014.

1. calebtk

calebtk Junior Member

My rep here in KC is telling me that Boss is going to stop selling there Power V plow so I can't get it. Anyone else hearing this. Is the XT or DXT worth the extra money?

Thinking of getting a straight with wings instead. Thoughts?

2. EPM

EPM Member

I was told the same. I own both power v and dxt. I'm happy with both but the Dxt is a better plow. Less shock and chatter in the truck, easily trips over things that would have put me into the steering wheel using a standard mold bord trip plow and the flared wings seem to roll snow a little better and higher. But most importantly, it looks cool... Lol
    As for the straight blade, it depends on what the majority of your plowing is like. We do a lot of carrying snow so a v plow is a must.

3. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

"Thinking of getting a straight with wings instead. Thoughts?"

A V plow can do everything a straight plow can do, BUT a straight plow CAN NOT do everything a V plow can do.

4. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

V plow all the way... I would never plow with anything else..

So boss isn't going to make the new DXT anymore?? what the the heck, straight blades only??
    I'll be switching to western if thats true..

5. procut

procut Senior Member

I believe he said they will quit making the Power V, thus the choices being V-XT or DXT. I can't imagine Boss would go to only making straight blades, the V is their claim to fame.

Regardless I have not heard this either way, but do not run Boss so am not really up on the latest Boss news.

6. CELandscapes

CELandscapes Senior Member

Our dealer told us BOSS is going to stop making the Power V and focus just on the VXT & DXT. Because they sell those over 90% of the time. There's also rumors of a 3 yard VBX spreader for next year as well.

7. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

As well as a 1.5 yard from what I've heard.

8. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

v plows suck

9. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Experience speaking eh birdy

10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Agreed. That's why I keep buying them and my straight blade is a spare.

11. birddseedd

mathmatics, v blades only hold a little over 3 yards of snow, straight blades hold .6 yards, straight blades with various types of extensions (such as wide out, or meyer adjustable wings) hold over 4 yards. (i could be a bit off on the amounts, but straight with wings hold a almost a yard more.

i would never want to give up the option of angeling my blade in scoop mode. Never:angry:

12. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Why don't you think before you type. Making that statement that Vplows are no good shows the world your IQ. Which just reinforces what we already knew.

13. birddseedd

Whats the matter, facts are annoying?

dang liberals

14. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Yep I'm annoyed by all the facts you carefully laid out for us amateurs. What is the V mode used for? Or is that something else that isn't needed? Their is an old adage that you shouldn't argue with a fool because no one will know which one is the fool. I should know better.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  15. birddseedd

I called you a liberal, not an armature. and im not the only one that does not like vee plows, if even for the only fact that you cannot angle in vee mode.

16. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Oh, go back to reading the Quran

17. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Lol Do you even know what a liberal is?

18. birddseedd

I don't get how that ties in.

19. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Now that ****'s funny!

20. birddseedd

well. seems we have gone off topic, so ill bow out and let yall finish about vee plows