1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What blizzard plow will fit 89 F250

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by danmc, Jan 14, 2004.

1. danmc

danmc Member

I'm enraged over my non functioning meyer plow. I checked out blizzard web page but cannot find any type of vehicle selection guide. Any one know what will fit an 89 F250? Thanks a bunch....
  2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Yes I do. Blizzard has all sizes for it. Tell me what you want and Ill give you the undercarriage number. 2500 takes a 31041 you could install a 8 foot or a 810 power plow. I run a 810 on a 3500 GMC which has a 2500 front end and it is a dream to plow with.

Look up dealers for your area on the Blizzardplows.com
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2004
  3. danmc

danmc Member

I'm interested in the 760 or 760LD. There's a Blizzard delaer 3 minutes from my house. I just wanted to get some solid background info before I went strolling in there. Any idea of how much they go for?
  4. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't know prices in US, but they are very competitive. I would put an 8 footer on that 3/4 ton. We mostly sell smaller for 1/2 tons.
  5. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Not to question your thoughts, but why go for a Blizzard plow and NOT get the expandable type?

Sure its a nice, well built plow regardless if its expandable or not, but there are plenty of other well built straight blade plows out there.

Just sharing my thoughts.
  6. danmc

danmc Member

Mostly interested in Blizzards because of the good things I've read on this site about them. My other option would be an 8' western pro plow - there's a dealer ten minutes from my house. I was also looking at Boss plows but the closest dealer is 30 minutes away - closer to an hour in the snow....
  7. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

if i were going to buy a new plow, i would definately spend the extra money for the 810, especially if i were doing more than 3 commercial accounts. but i bet you guys already knew that
  8. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

The only time I'd EVER buy a STRAIGHT BLADE is if I started doing streets again.

The V's and Blizzards are the ONLY way to go. Makes me wonder why they still make a straight blade!
  9. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

get a 810, cant go wrong:)