1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Blade?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by basher, Oct 19, 2006.

1. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

OK, I sold my snowplow, still have the truck with a snoway mount. The blade will definitely be a snoway but which one. A Vee blade, or a 8 1/2 32 series with Dp and a poly skin, or a 8 foot poly with dp?
  2. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

I think the questions you have to ask yourself is 1) How much backdragging do I do? 2) How often do I need to push snow a long distance without trailoff? 3)How often do you break into a parking lot or open up a road/lane where a vplow would be necessary? and finally 4) How much windrowing can I do?

I think the 32 with the poly would be a kick ass blade or with the SS insert as well. The 28V doesn't seem like it would be as efficient of a vplow because of the three contours but it would still serve all those purposes. But again the windrowing and backdragging might be more difficult since you would have three surfaces and also wings that can both be maneuverd at the press of one putton.

I personally would go with the 32 series, but if you need the v then go with the V! :salute:
  3. Groundwork

Groundwork Member
    from Vermont

I myself was debating between the 8' 29T stainless blade and the 8.5' 32 series stainless blade and went with the 32 series based on size and the added productivity of it's size. The thing looks like a monster next to the 8' blade, not only in width, but in height. So if your plowing areas where an 8.5' blade can fit I would go with the 32 series. Of course I also have no experience with the plow yet as I got it in September and I'm still waiting to use it, but based on looks alone it looks really capable of pushing some serious snow.