1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What batteries are you using!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jcmjclem, Jan 25, 2005.

1. jcmjclem

jcmjclem Junior Member

Going to replace both of batteries on a diesel (6.0 PSD) and gas (5.4) F-Series SD any recommendations! Best places to buy them! And life expectancy!
  2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I'm running the batteries sears sells. Die hards I think. Range Handlers. As many cca's as I could get. I should probably check the things out today, and make sure all the water levels are ok. I think this is the third year with these batteries. They cost around $80-90 I believe.
  3. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

Optima Red Tops...They are about 110.00 at Advance Auto Parts etc, full replacement for 2 years, worked very well for me so far! Fully sealed, no checking etc and excellent CCA&CA Just my .02!

4. SCBrown

SCBrown Junior Member

Optima Yellow Tops.
    I think they were about $159.00 ea.
    I've had them a few years, no problems.
  5. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

The only thing with the Yellows is that they only have like a 3-6 month replacement warranty, as they are used in RVs and Race cars..Just something to consider...I got 3 reds, 2 for the truck and one for the tractor, but that way if one fails in either, I can replace it no matter what.
  6. durchins

durchins Member

Optima yellows as well. $169.99 at Pep Boys, but probably cheaper on Ebay. I have a red top optima on my summer toy, a Viper, and am very happy with that as well.
  7. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Interstate Mega-Tron's 74.00 at ETD
  8. akayii

akayii Junior Member

Interstate Megatrons for me too. Had all sort of problems with one battery. Went to dual Interstates with excellent results.

pick up.jpg
  9. bushwoods1

bushwoods1 Member

Optima yellow top. No problems running all the equipment and electric sander.
  10. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

im running 1 optima yellow top i have to change it its been 5 years
  11. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Dual factory Dodge batts- about 5 years now looking to finish this season with them and change them over the summer- probabily going to use Factory again- 880CCA (I think) and zero problems.