1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What are you paying for liability insurance???

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by MOW ME OVER, Oct 28, 2004.

1. MOW ME OVER

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

I am calling around for quotes for plowing insurance for this up coming season. I have got one quote back so far at a cost of $870.00 per year for a 1 million dollar liability policy.

I am curious to see what others are paying throughout the states and also my area.

Thanks for any info. Oh yeah if you are in the VA, MD area and have a good price for one truck operation liability policy could you give me your insurance companies phone number please. I would really appreciate it.

2. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

$350.00 per year for my general liability with 4 million coverage.

Rick

3. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

PM me, I pay 279.00 for 2 mil/1 mil coverage..Richmond, VA through Erie Ins Group..

Bill

4. 66Construction

66Construction Senior Member

Wow I don't know where you guys get those prices..other then I'm in NY. My broker goes to another broker in another state to get us insured, I'm about 3500 for a 1 mil liability 1000 per million of umbrella and around 30k commercial automobile 1 mil. I've never even had a slip and fall. When I first started I was paying like 800 a year, I guess times change.
    Casey

5. North Country

North Country Senior Member

Do all of you folks quoting $800-$900 for your CGL have snowplowing insurance or do you have a landscaping policy which does not exclude snow? If you don't have plowing insurance please don't move to my town - I don't believe we could be friends anymore! There is nothing like bidding a site requiring 3 million CGL and the company you are bidding against has window washing insurance for about $100 per year.....

I am in the same area as casey but his summer business offsets his plowing I believe. We are snow only and it is almost impossible to get insured in NY.

Our 'best' LOL! offer this year, from an underwriter was $42,000 - 100% Down!

I Love NY! - michael

6. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

My policy is underwritten for snow plowing and salting operations only. That's all I do and that's I am insured for.

Rick

7. North Country

North Country Senior Member

ZamboniHDB If I were a mutant I would give you three thumbs up! -michael

8. 66Construction

66Construction Senior Member

North Country I'm right up there with you when you figure in the automobile policy, if it werent for plowing I wouldnt carry it, but to maintain my unmbrella which I only carry for snow removal I must maintain a million. Yes the Construction side does balance out a big portion of the insurance though.

It drives me up the wall when people bid against you and aren't properly inssured.

One of my subs just took a decent size Bank contract away from me, and he's only getting like 18k when I was getting almost 30. I know he doesn't have the commercial auto, no workers comp he's a one man show on paper but he can't possibly do the job alone. It's 7 lost spread out over 10-15 miles with walks and 3 sidewalk only stops. It's rediculuous. My insurance company wont even release a certificate with an additional insured on it unless they have a contract on file so they can be sure I havent given it to someone for a job I'm not insurred for.

9. salopez

salopez Senior Member

just met with my erie agent. $490 a year per employee for one million in gen. liability insurance.

10. MOW ME OVER

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Hey there Lopez, what is the name and phone number of your insurance carrier?

Thanks

Justin

11. salopez

salopez Senior Member

vw brown insurance service inc.
    1-800-241-6020
    www.brownvw.com
    i work with dawn for personal insurance and jim for comercial. they are great and located in columbia md.

12. usabestsnoplowr

usabestsnoplowr Junior Member

$1,700 Upstate NY

500,000 general liability
    1,000,000 excess liability