Snow Plowing Forum banner

what are you paying for bulk salt??

15K views 61 replies 46 participants last post by  122fox 
#1 ·
I paid $92.5 per tn today for rock salt. I mix it 20% into my sand for driveways. Hard to make a profit at that price. what is it going for in other areas?

#2 ·
PA 45 min outside of philly.... 64-69 per ton delivered straight rock salt

#3 ·
$55.00 per ton picked up central illinois:guns:

#14 ·
about $0.035/lb

#15 ·
$57/ton delivered, in 22 ton per truck

#19 ·
dmont,
I have mine delivered to my shop from North American Salt Company on the river. I actually order it through Cincinnati Wholesale Supply. I don't know where to get it per pickup load.:confused: I have a buddy in Franklin, that has it also and he may be able to load your truck per storm?

#20 · (Edited)
what I would like to do is get like 3-4 tons/yards and fill super sacks with it.....Then I could load a v box as needed with my fork lift......I am on my 6th pallet of bagged now for this year so that is +7 tons...... If he would be willing to sell it to me on an as needed basis and at a decent price that would be very cool...... I could either have him load the sacks or I could haul the salt in my dump trailer and fill them myself......

I like that you can stack the loaded sacks for storage...

#21 ·
dmont,
I could also load your dump trailer using my salt if your interested. What are you looking to spend per ton. Let me know your thoughts. I am located in Fairfield. If it isn't snowing, I do not have much to do!:rolleyes:

#25 ·
$105 a yard for Magic salt.

#26 ·
Drottlawn;498781 said:
dmont,
I could also load your dump trailer using my salt if your interested. What are you looking to spend per ton. Let me know your thoughts. I am located in Fairfield. If it isn't snowing, I do not have much to do!:rolleyes:
Of course you would need to make your piece...... $70 per ton would be a great deal for me.......
I really appreciate your offer. It is a possibility although you are a bit of a drive. I am looking to get set up for next year. I will be buying a vbox for next season. So this is really for then.. Thanks again......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.