Snow Plowing Forum banner

what are you paying for bulk salt??

15K views 61 replies 46 participants last post by  122fox 
#1 ·
I paid $92.5 per tn today for rock salt. I mix it 20% into my sand for driveways. Hard to make a profit at that price. what is it going for in other areas?

#28 · (Edited)
Nothing!

I would love to money for salt. I can'I can't get my hands on any bulk salt here in Wisconsin. I was at $56.00 but we are totally out. My supplier can't even get any from Chicago. :realmad:

I would love to get at least 20 to 50 tons. :crying::crying::crying:

Rough time here in the Fox Valley Area.

#29 ·
JUSTBE;501339 said:
I would love to money for salt. I can'I can't get my hands on any bulk salt here in Wisconsin. I was at $56.00 but we are totally out. My supplier can't even get any from Chicago. :realmad:

I would love to get at least 20 to 50 tons. :crying::crying::crying:

Rough time here in the Fox Valley Area.
Hey, I was searching through the forums to try and find bulk salt in Wisconsin, and I came across a posting that said that there is a place in Waukesha that sells bulk for around $54 a ton picked up. Hope this may help you out. Here's the link:
http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=52196&highlight=bulk+salt+wisconsin

#30 ·
Thanks

Hey, thanks for the tip. Superior Landscape is looking around $100.00/ton right now. This is better than nothing.
:)

#31 ·
JUSTBE;501401 said:
Hey, thanks for the tip. Superior Landscape is looking around $100.00/ton right now. This is better than nothing.
:)
Glad to hear I could help you out. I hope it works out for you. Otherwise, how is your plowing going this year? This is my first year, and it's going pretty good so far.

#32 ·
What a year to start plowing. The most snow we have had in years. December alone was more than all of last year put together.purplebou:bluebounc:redbouncepayup

#33 ·
JUSTBE;502000 said:
What a year to start plowing. The most snow we have had in years. December alone was more than all of last year put together.purplebou:bluebounc:redbouncepayup
Yeah, in the first month, I made enough to break even with all the startup costs. Which is good, because it will set the stage for making mowing profitable for me this summer. Plowing next year will probably be real bad! lol.

#37 ·
We typically pay 67 per metric tonne delivered in tri axles, but because of shortage its 70 picked up in tri axles...makes no friggin sense to me. And we could only pick up 1/4 of what we normally get delivered. They want 90 bucks for clear lane. It will be our only choice once bulk salt is all gone.

#39 ·
EIB;497569 said:
39.00 ton picked up.
Where are you located in referance to albany NY ?? and does this company deliver ?

#43 ·
Usually pay around $65 per ton. We are paying around $200 per ton. YEAH. There goes our profit.:crying::angry:

#48 ·
haybaler;497713 said:
I feel like I got ripped off. Anyone within 50 miles of greenfield ma know of cheeper prices??
Haybaler who are you and where are you buying you salt ? Mackins ? I have a sourcesfor salt but its getting harder and harder to find. I recently needed a ton of clearlane( I don't bother with plain salt) and they only sold it to me because I was family. I went to CT last week and the salt pile right off 91 in hartford was all but gone same thing with salt city in westfield. It seems like cargill wanted to start acting like OPEC.

Lou

#51 ·
got it for $115 a ton the other day. Next year we are stuffing 300 tons in our barn pre season

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.