1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What are you paying for bagged salt? Can you get enough?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by TGS Inc., Dec 10, 2014.

1. TGS Inc.

TGS Inc. Senior Member
    from Detroit

Just wondering how everyone is doing on bagged salt. Locally (Detroit area) I'm hearing things are getting a little scare and prices are around $ 7-8.00 / 50 lbs. bag if you can even get any.

Wondering how is it for everyone else in the country....?

2. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare Member

We just purchased 7 pallets (49 bags per lallet) at 5.75 a bag and that seemed like a good deal

3. ProperLandscape

ProperLandscape Member

Rock Salt (2) Pallets @ $4.50 per bag (50#). Calcium Chloride (1) pallet @$11.75 per bag

4. Jet Stream

Jet Stream Junior Member

We've got bagged salt!

We have bagged salt but it is expensive this year...especially the further you get from the East Coast. We only sell by the truckload (18 pallets/882 50lb bags delivered to you) The prices mentioned so far are good prices...grab them at that if you can! Susan, Jet Stream Fuels, 786-566-0195/scromer@jetstreamfuels.com

Have you seen our ad here on Plowsite? We have bulk/bagged road salt and brine IN STOCK. We deliver by the truckload to you.

5. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

$208.25 with tax for a pallet with 49 bags. $4.25 per bag of water softener salt.

6. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Go bulk.... bags are a joke

7. Allstar_Inc

Allstar_Inc Junior Member

I bought early. I was south of $6 per 50# bag for 25 tons delivered, and that was for (-15) ice melt. I could only get one truck load from my supplier and their allocation was gone for the season. Locally its $10-12 per bag in pallet quantities, that is if you can find it. I'm getting $14.99 per bag at my retail store.

I know that even at the municipal level salt is in very low supply.

If we have a mild winter in in the SW corner of Indiana I will start shipping elsewhere to move it. In looking at the forecasts looks like we are forecasted for some snow or ice Wednesday night. Hoping for ice, less work, more profit.

D

8. TGS Inc.

TGS Inc. Senior Member
    from Detroit

9. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

We're seeing 5.50 for rock and about 12 fir the cheapest sidewalk salt

10. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

$210 with tax per pallet
    I order 18 pallets used one so far
    Most local stores selling for $5.50-$8.50
    I seen Icemelt for $7.00 at Sam Club that's cheapest I seen it

11. mtnbktrek

mtnbktrek Senior Member
    from NEPA

Post up some prices

12. Allstar_Inc

Allstar_Inc Junior Member

Jet Stream, if you going to advertise that you got it, and that you have it available post the prices for FOB your dock. I was under $6 per bag of -15 ice melt for a truckload delivered to my dock. What is your price? Post it!

13. Jet Stream

Jet Stream Junior Member

Salt Prices DELIVERED by truckload to Scranton, PA

mtnbktrek, since we deliver, prices vary by delivery zip code and we always ship the product from where we have it closest to customer. Your profile says you're somewhere in NE PA so I chose zip 18503 for Scranton as an example.

Here are current DELIVERED prices:

Bagged Rock Salt: $5.99 50 lb bag (18 pallets/49 bags per pallet/882 bags total)
    Bulk Salt: $ 99 Ton (25 ton truck minimum)
    Liquid Calcium Chloride Blend (aka Super Brine): $1.03 per U.S. Gallon (4400 gallons +/- = 3%)

Let me know if we can help with your de-icing needs! LET IT SNOW...Thumbs Up Susan, Jet Stream Fuels, 786-566-0195, scromer@jetstreamfuels.com

14. Jet Stream

Jet Stream Junior Member

We only sell if the price makes sense!

Allstar,Inc -- sorry, You're too far to make it reasonable to quote you. Your bagged price was good for this market, grab all you can while they last! We deliver bag and bulk salt mainly to East Coast customers as that is closest to where we ship from. (Further from East Coast = too expensive freight) Since we only deliver by the truckload, prices vary depending on delivery zip. For that reason, I prefer to quote on an individual basis. We ARE competitive on the East Coast for bag and bulk salt and liquid calcium chloride blend (Super Brine). Customer satisfaction with a long-term working relationship is my goal. We strive to give you the best delivered price and are pleasant to deal with to boot! :D Happy Holidays! Let It Snow...Susan, Jet Stream Fuels, 786-566-0195, scromer@jetstreamfuels.com

15. TPCLandscaping

TPCLandscaping Senior Member

i just found 52 bag pallets for $250.00…
    i can get 6.00 a bag on 49 bag pallets from another dealer.

16. Jet Stream

Jet Stream Junior Member

Get them while you can!

Buy em because they will be gone by the next snow! Thumbs Up

17. TPCLandscaping

TPCLandscaping Senior Member

i went through 15 bags last storm… I'm not overly concerned