1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what are you guys paying for 8'6" pro plus?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jerseydrew, Apr 22, 2015.

1. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

i'm calling around and getting some high numbers for these plows. all seem to be within $500 of each other though. i may canister driving farther north or west if i can find better pricing. the only down side is i don't have a clue where to go farther out and have no idea of reputations outside of NJ.

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i just got a quote of $5400 installed from FDR hitches in Roselle park. i am waiting to hear back from A&K Equiment in Rahway.
    no one else answered my calls.

3. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

well traffic safety quoted $5600 +tax and westchester machine $5900 +tax. westchester is closer and open during storms so i may lean towards them, plus the guy was WAY more personable on the phone. he took a good 10 minutes with me to go over some concerns and he up front told me about how the bumper gets mangled (i already knew this but still nice for him to make sure the customer's expectations are met). i forget where else i called and was quoted $5400

4. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

There's a western dealer out on 31 just below Washington. What county are you in. Westchester is always high. I get everything from traffic safety, I'm in Mine Hill, ride isn't bad.

5. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

That's stupid money for a straight blade. I paid 4550 for my 8'6" Pro Plus with Western wings 3 years ago and thought it was on the verge of being too much for a straight blade.

6. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Are you installing yourself?

7. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

i'm on board with you, which is why the question started...

no all the dealers around here include install no cash and carry prices.

8. tjctransport

A&K called today, $5,650 installed.

9. Mattymax

Mattymax Junior Member
    from Nj

I paid $5800 for 8'6" Pro Plus with extras as curb deflectors and poly top deflector. That price is also installed.

Matt

10. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I'll sell you a brand new 8'6" MVP for $5k.

11. tjctransport

but the freight to get it from minnesota to new jersey will make it cheaper to just have one installed here.

12. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Really? How much was the quote you received?

13. tjctransport

$5,200 installed with rubber deflector once the preseason order is delivered the end of June.

14. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

That seems like a lot to me for a straight blade. Good luck with it Thumbs Up

15. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

7033612227 Call here this is for Jim at ESI great prices great guy to do business

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  16. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

I just wanted to let you no that A&K gets there western plows from FDR hitches They are not a factory Dealer. I do no this because I am good friends with the owner of FDR. Just thought I would let you no...

17. tjctransport

yup, and Dean from FDR is the one who gave me the $5,200 price.
    they are going to be putting one on my truck as soon as they get one in.

18. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

That is great !!! Dean is a great guy good friend of mine I have been using them for years they are good guys. They do a good job as well. Good luck with the new plow !!!

Last edited: May 2, 2015