1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What are you guys buying for this coming season?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Well in order, i'd like to get

2 yard Boss 8000 bulk chain drive spreader for our 2011 F350
    I'd also like to get a dual trip edge Boss DXT plow, but in NJ, most places we service are tight, the same truck that may plow a big parking lot, could also be getting into some little roads and parking lots, making a huge flared DXT more cumbersome than anything... but a 9'2 Stainless or poly DXT for the same truck.

and a 4.5 yard Swenson stainless 10ft chain drive electric spreader for our one 07 F550 with a 12' landscape body... the current 9' long Saltdogg 4 yarder hangs over the back a foot, leaving at least 4 ft in front of the body, the problem is that 80% of the spreader loaded weight is over or behind the rear axle. The only way to keep weight being lifted off the front axle of the 201" wb crew cab is to add almost 3000lbs of bagged calcium or salt in front of the hopper near the bulkhead.

The swenson 10' is almost all in the bed, so although it is slightly wider inside the hopper to hold 4.5 yards, it would push that weight 24" forward in the body.

I'd like to still get a newer 09-2012 F550 single cab or ext cab with a 9ft mason dump in an XLT or something fancier too. We have enough plows for everything, backups of V plows and straight plows.

Just had the JD 4720 rear tractor tires liquid filled finally, always struggled for traction prior even with an 8ft box. 10ft box your just spinning 4wd the whole time if the snow was heavy. I've had the 1300-1500lb concrete counter weight on it forever, but that actually lifts some weight off the front axle and we needed more in back still. If each back tire took 60gallons "guessing", then there is about 950-1000lbs additional weight in the back now. Just using the loader on the front, i think we'll be able to push light stuff in 2wd now finally and even use the 10ft box on it again.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

5ib bucket of animal crackers to keep in the truck while plowing.
  3. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Another 8'2" V Plow

Boss or Salt Dogg V Box

12' Protech Backhoe Pusher

newer f350 or f450.

Whatever else the new accounts dictate
  4. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

For sure 2 new Boss 9'2" V plows
    I'm also eye balling either another skid or a toolcat/small wheel loader
  5. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

Already upgraded my truck, now I plan on getting a 9.5 Stainless xv2, some dedicated snow tires, and some employees:salute:
  6. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Smartest guy yet. What's a tub of animal cookies run nowadays, $6?

We might be adding another procaster but that depends on if we get a few more accounts we are looking at signed up. We'll see in due time but for now its still dirt season.
  7. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

I've already added a couple skid steers and a kubota rtv. Will be buying my first end loader for the upcoming season. Also adding one more truck before the snow flies.
  8. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

Looking for a (new to me) truck, The old Chevy asked to be retired to part time.
  9. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

New plow. 8'6" Xtreme V.
  10. Leland Lawn

Leland Lawn Member

A new 7'6" Hiniker straight with wings.
    Hopefully a new (to me) 2004 GMC 2500hd extended cab short box... maybe as soon as this coming week!
  11. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

that'll work too!
  12. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster Senior Member

My Baby [​IMG]

2006 F350 6.0 Regular Cab Long Box. 2014 Boss DXT 9'2 w/ Snow Deflector
  13. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

14. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

A kegerator to wash down the animal crackers.
  15. 1olddogtwo

whens the party?
  16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I like Cliff Bars myself, with all the coffee helps keeps things solid:cool:
  17. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

I'd think someone as old as you would need prune juice, not something to solidify ummmm.................errrrr..................things.
  18. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

Selling the western V and 6.7?!? I love that setup, I think Ive seen a picture of it in every picture thread or plow thread :D
  19. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

With the look on Basher face,i think he's ready,

20. 1olddogtwo

That 6.7 is already gone, it was replace with another.....every 40-50K i trade them out